[SOLVED] i5-10600K vs. i5-11600K temperature comparison ?

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
hi, as the thread title says, I'm looking for a comparison of the temps of those two CPUs.

Assuming nothing is overclocked, and hyper-threading is disabled.. are their temps the same? or does the 11th gen produce more heat? Any info would be appreciated.

edit: obtaining an 11th gen is another optional project for me this year. The benefits of having an 11th gen include being able to use the Pcie 4.0 function of my mobo, and it would also allow higher ram speeds - according to the mobo manual. But as I've said.. this is only an optional project, in the sense that it's currently not needed because everything runs fine. Will probably only buy an 11th gen if the situation become financially better in the next months.

Last edited:
Reactions: jnjnilson6
Solution
Nothing wrong with I5-10600K.
Running the same workload should not result in any meaningful different temperature differences.
But, since the 11600K has better IPC, the workload would be completed sooner by running more intensely and generating more heat.

I don't know why one would disable hyperthreading and gimp the processor.

You may want to review your objectives.

pcie4.0 is nice, and can result in better sequential benchmarks for gen4 pcie ssd devices. But, most ssd activity is small random I/O so you will not feel and difference.

Similarly, faster ram is nice, but it makes little difference in regular batch app run times. If you are using integrated graphics, fast ram is a plus.

New products are regularly launched. And at...

jnjnilson6

Distinguished
hi, as the thread title says, I'm looking for a comparison of the temps of those two CPUs.

Assuming nothing is overclocked, and hyper-threading is disabled.. are their temps the same? or does the 11th gen produce more heat? Any info would be appreciated.

edit: obtaining an 11th gen is another optional project for me this year. The benefits of having an 11th gen include being able to use the Pcie 4.0 function of my mobo, and it would also allow higher ram speeds - according to the mobo manual. But as I've said.. this is only an optional project, in the sense that it's currently not needed because everything runs fine. Will probably only buy an 11th gen if the situation become financially better in the next months.
Yeah... Even Alder Lake wasn't as big a hit as Sandy Bridge proved to be back in the day; yet it was as close as it can get. Back in the day the 2600K was undoubtedly, hugely and expressionlessly fast... You thought about it and breathed a little, knowing it could squash any fast game or rendering application completely under its heel.

Good old days... It's still kinda funny that some 11th gen laptops don't harbor much more performance than a 2600K but may well cost you a wallet.

Reactions: Tac 25
Nothing wrong with I5-10600K.
Running the same workload should not result in any meaningful different temperature differences.
But, since the 11600K has better IPC, the workload would be completed sooner by running more intensely and generating more heat.

I don't know why one would disable hyperthreading and gimp the processor.

You may want to review your objectives.

pcie4.0 is nice, and can result in better sequential benchmarks for gen4 pcie ssd devices. But, most ssd activity is small random I/O so you will not feel and difference.

Similarly, faster ram is nice, but it makes little difference in regular batch app run times. If you are using integrated graphics, fast ram is a plus.

New products are regularly launched. And at better price/performance. Otherwise, they would not sell so why bother with new development?
Today, 12th gen has improved IPC and 13th gen has improved IPC yet again.

Solution

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
@geofelt

yeah. that's why this is optional. Nothing wrong with the 10600K. And I have no complaints on it's performance.
however, I do wish to max out the mobo if budget becomes available. Won't be buying a new pc for at least three years, so I want to be able to use the full strength of what is here right now.

created this thread, because need to know temps. If temps of 10600K and 11600K are almost the same, then I don't have to get a stronger cooler. Money saved.

as for the hyper threading stuff.. I've said this already on other threads. The reason I have it disabled.. is because one of my important video editing software does not work in a threaded environment. Anyway, games I currently have still run well without it. And if it does become needed, could easily enable it by going to the mobo control panel.

and lastly, for the price. Have already asked at the pc store that I have good relations with. Their 11th gen is priced at 11,000 pesos (approx $220). Could afford it if I save up extras for a few months.

Last edited:

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
@jnjnilson6

my 2600K pc is still in good condition. Always ready, in case something bad happens to my 10600K pc - but I do hope nothing happens, because it took a long time to put this pc together (lol). That's why I'm very careful with temperature and some other things.