[SOLVED] I5 10600K vs I9 10850k Performance AVG Fps

Oct 23, 2020
Heys Guys im Playing only Fortnite try get World best player so i need Maximum Stable FPS possible. Ive Crashed by trying Overclocking my I7 8700K yesterday the Sockel Pins from my Asus ROG Strix Mainboard so ive ordered today the ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING - Motherboard - 1200 socket and ive ordered the I5 10600K because 250 € and the i9 10850K same like I9- 10900K 450 € dont have dat much money but Benchmarks say differents.. in one the I5 10600K is good but by a lot others the i9- 10900K is Top 3 and thats the big new Intel CPUS. i see that FPS here sometimes the Same but sometimes the I9 10900/10850K have round 17-20 AVG Fps more. i dont OC the CPUS i use is STOCK than. And the one have 4,1 GHZ by 6 Cores and the others 3,8 GHZ or 3,6 GHZ by 10 Cores but 20 MB Cache vs 12 MB Cache. i need answer next hours 😦 thanks

Solution
Well, they are all basically the same CPU, just the i7 and i9 have more CPU cores.

You are looking at the base clock, guaranteed, speeds. The CPUs will boost up to higher speeds depending on temperature, power, and the type of load. So 4.1Ghz across all six cores is guaranteed under normal operating conditions with adequate cooling, but for single core tasks it may run as high as 4.8Ghz with you touching nothing. The larger CPUs have lower base clocks because they consume more power and will get warmer faster, but will have similar short duration maximum speeds.

Really overclocking is the way to go if you want maximum FPS. Basically the only reason to buy Z and K class products in the first place. Having 6 cores running at 5.3Ghz is...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Well, they are all basically the same CPU, just the i7 and i9 have more CPU cores.

You are looking at the base clock, guaranteed, speeds. The CPUs will boost up to higher speeds depending on temperature, power, and the type of load. So 4.1Ghz across all six cores is guaranteed under normal operating conditions with adequate cooling, but for single core tasks it may run as high as 4.8Ghz with you touching nothing. The larger CPUs have lower base clocks because they consume more power and will get warmer faster, but will have similar short duration maximum speeds.

Really overclocking is the way to go if you want maximum FPS. Basically the only reason to buy Z and K class products in the first place. Having 6 cores running at 5.3Ghz is much easier then 8 or 10 cores, much less power and cooling.

If you get adequate cooling and you can clock the i7 or i9 to the same clock speeds as the i5, then yes, they will be marginally faster in some games, but many games don't see much benefit from additional cores. But that will cost a lot more money in cooling as well.

If you are really after performance on a budget, doing a little research on overclocking is the way to go. Otherwise you would have to pay a boutique builder to do it for you.

Solution

Flamebrander

Reputable
Aug 1, 2020
Heys Guys im Playing only Fortnite try get World best player so i need Maximum Stable FPS possible. Ive Crashed by trying Overclocking my I7 8700K yesterday the Sockel Pins from my Asus ROG Strix Mainboard so ive ordered today the ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING - Motherboard - 1200 socket and ive ordered the I5 10600K because 250 € and the i9 10850K same like I9- 10900K 450 € dont have dat much money but Benchmarks say differents.. in one the I5 10600K is good but by a lot others the i9- 10900K is Top 3 and thats the big new Intel CPUS. i see that FPS here sometimes the Same but sometimes the I9 10900/10850K have round 17-20 AVG Fps more. i dont OC the CPUS i use is STOCK than. And the one have 4,1 GHZ by 6 Cores and the others 3,8 GHZ or 3,6 GHZ by 10 Cores but 20 MB Cache vs 12 MB Cache. i need answer next hours 😦 thanks

Hello,

What resolution are you gaming at? If you want max fps at most resolutions, with 1080p being an exception, pouring more money into a CPU will get you much less frames than if you were to put that same money into a higher end GPU. I would recommend you instead of getting an i9 to save and get a 3070 graphics card. GPUs are responsible for frame buffering and finishing, so a faster graphics card is much better than a faster cpu.

Oct 23, 2020
by the way i saw now all Videos they available about these 2 core vs. Only i see was that CPU Usage is lower by i9 10850 but more Threads its possible reason. and sometimes 10-15 % more AVG Fps.

These her was the best Benchmark i saw in Graphics. but 10% more Power is more power but im not sure if i need this or not. Have a Seperate Streaming PC also for OBS and using Elgato Capture. but i Disable Hyper Threading for Gaming and using STOCK i dont overclock my CPU was to unlucky in past.

im playing 237 FPS Capped by 1920x1080 Native from my Alienware AW2518H 240HZ Monitor. This was the Specs at the moment before Crashed my Mainboard.
Asus ROG Maximus X Hero WIFI Z370 changed than to a ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
Intel Core I7 8700k 6x 3.70 GHz than to I5 10600K or I9 10850k
32 GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR 4 CL 14 ( Overclocked to 3600 from 3200 but CL 16 than )
11 GB Asus GeForce GTX 1080 TI ROG Strix
Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900
Corsair Hydro H150i Pro RGB Radiator
1050GB Crucial MX 300 6GB/s SSD
512 GB Samsung 960 Pro M.2 32Gb/s SSD
750 Corsair RMI Modular 80+ Gold
Be Quiet Silent Wings

Thanks for your answer. The Corsair Hydro H150I i also can using for these two CPUS right?

QUOTE: so you think better safe the 200 € different for the I9 10850 and buy the I5 10600 and buying than next month the EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, 8192 MB GDDR6 for 499 € its a lot of better than my 11 GB Asus GeForce GTX 1080 TI ROG Strix hmm. sorry i was i found the old 2070 not the 3070 for these price :p

ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3070 Twin Edge OC 749 € is the price for this. but at the moment i dont have the money for. They having 4.0 x16 PCIE but think mainboard doesnt have

Last edited:

Flamebrander

Reputable
Aug 1, 2020
All Z490 Motherboards have support for PCIE 4.0, but Intel 10th gen cpus do not. That means you won't be able to run 4.0 right now, but it doesn't matter because the amount of data being sent through a PCIE slot isn't close to saturating PCIE 3.0 bandwidth.

Seeing as you don't want to upgrade your graphics card (although I still highly recommend a 3070, its not released yet but will be in a few days for 500$USD), then obviously the core i9 is the better choice. Its faster overall, and more cores isn't really a thing that you need for gaming, so I wouldn't be too concerned about core and thread count. And yes, your aio cooler will support your new motherboard.

In conclusion, I'm not sure where you got that 750 dollar 3070 from as its not released yet. If you are really set on a new cpu, which you obviously have to because you are getting a new motherboard, get the i9 for better gaming performance, and the i5 if you want less hit on your budget.

Reactions: CreakFFM
Oct 23, 2020
thanks for your answering and all the information. than i think maybe im getting the i9 but i think in the next hours in the morning about it finally. i found the price from a German ebay Seller now but think when its released official and i have money in new Year than i Upgrading maybe GPU. its so hard to choice :( its only for Fortnite need best of the best Performance im34 not the youngest and need all power u can have :p but i dont earn a lot at the moment so the 200$/€ a lot in my opinion hmm but think with 20 MB L3 Cache vs the 12 MB maybe 2ms less Frametimes didnt know its a big different. EDIT: I ordered the I9 10850K dont like full CPU Usage need full overall Performance like Affility Handling on different Cores for better Gaming Feeling :)

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2020

Really overclocking is the way to go if you want maximum FPS. Basically the only reason to buy Z and K class products in the first place. Having 6 cores running at 5.3Ghz is much easier then 8 or 10 cores, much less power and cooling.

If you get adequate cooling and you can clock the i7 or i9 to the same clock speeds as the i5, then yes, they will be marginally faster in some games, but many games don't see much benefit from additional cores. But that will cost a lot more money in cooling as well.

If you are really after performance on a budget, doing a little research on overclocking is the way to go. Otherwise you would have to pay a boutique builder to do it for you.
i read your comment very late. My Browser didnt show this but on my Smartphone i read it. Thank you for your information and very professionall answer. Preciate it. But i buy the I9 10850K think the 10600k was also good low budget with also good performance