Question I5 12400f 3070 Bad Fps

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The PC has a single dimm of ram. That's a no-no these days. Fix that first, then try again.
A)Buy another dimm. [Not guaranteed to work.]
B)Buy a 2 dimm kit. [Generally recommended step.]

Nov 22, 2023
The PC has a single dimm of ram. That's a no-no these days. Fix that first, then try again.
A)Buy another dimm. [Not guaranteed to work.]
B)Buy a 2 dimm kit. [Generally recommended step.]
is there no other way? im getting 80-130 fps in fortnie on lowest settings. i have configured nvidia control panel and everything. My friend who has like a 1660 or something gets better fps than me and his cpu is also worse.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
is there no other way? im getting 80-130 fps in fortnie on lowest settings. i have configured nvidia control panel and everything. My friend who has like a 1660 or something gets better fps than me and his cpu is also worse.
No, there isn't. This is a physical issue, that takes priority over any potential software/driver, or other misconfigured settings.
The cpu and ram work as a pair, and by running the system in single channel mode, the cpu's memory bandwidth is almost halved.
Kinda like the cpu is running with part of its brain turned off, or perhaps doing one of those 3-legged races with partners of noticeably different heights.

Nov 22, 2023
No, there isn't. This is a physical issue, that takes priority over any potential software/driver, or other misconfigured settings.
The cpu and ram work as a pair, and by running the system in single channel mode, the cpu's memory bandwidth is almost halved.
Kinda like the cpu is running with part of its brain turned off, or perhaps doing one of those 3-legged races with partners of noticeably different heights.
what does this mean? Are you trying to say theres no other thing i can do other than upgrading to 2x16gb of ram? Sorry im not good with pc stuff.

Nov 22, 2023
Simply put, yes. Nothing else is going to get around the single dimm, which was OK for much older titles and some emulators. Fortnit isn't one of them.
i was just playing and i also just realized that i am also randomly going to 60 fps for no reason. Is this the same issue?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
i was just playing and i also just realized that i am also randomly going to 60 fps for no reason. Is this the same issue?
I can't infer anything from that...

Look at the utility of each cpu core. You can use hwinfo(summary only) or Afterburner(you'll have to manually select each core in the monitoring settings). All it takes is a single core to be maxing out to hit the limit of performance.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You all have to have the exact same specs - including that single dimm config - as well as software and drivers installed, and control panel/eye candy settings.

All low settings usually puts all the work on the cpu+ram.

it always spikes i just cant get a picture of it.
Since it's too fast to pick up, use hwinfo(sensors only). You will be able to see display current, minimum, maximum, and averages.

Nov 22, 2023