Question i5 12400F gets to 71C under cinebench and only scores 9200?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reapzstar

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2016
I saw some reviews on the internet, everywhere I checked I saw it should do around ~11.000 points on Cinebench R23, and mine does 9200 for some reason.
Is it because the 65W power limit?(I didn't change it to 65, it was defaulted to this)
If so, how do I turn that off, or should it be turned off at all?
Also, with this 65W power limit, the IDLE temps are around ~36 with an Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 ARGB and reach up to 71-72 when running Cinebench Multicore.
Isn't that quite high with this cooler?
I'm assuming something is wrong with both the Cinebench score and the temps.
Mobo is an ASRock B660M PRO RS

I'd appreciate any kinda suggestion, not that I'm worried or anything, cause gaming performance is awesome regardless of the higher than anticipated temps and the power limit.
But I'm a little concerned as to whether these are the appropriate numbers or not.

Thanks in advance for every comment!

reapzstar

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2016
It is a carry over. pastebin
Ran it for only a minute, don't think there's a point in running for full 10 minutes for the 15th time, I'm just fed up with this cr*p tbh.
I don't see anything out of the ordinary, no clue what's happening

full 10 minutes
No need to do that. Just set Cinebench to run a single test. That is probably how most review sites test. Nice to see your results after a minute of testing.

u75KmLz.png

Your log file does not show anything unusual. The multiplier is steady at 40.00 when the CPU is loaded. Power consumption is a hair under 65W so no chance of any power limit throttling and your temperatures are good. I guess your lower than normal Cinebench score will remain a mystery for now.

@reapzstar
Another thing to check when the CPU is loaded running Cinebench is the cache ratio. Typically the cache runs at 300 MHz to 400 MHz less than the core speed. When the core is running at a 40 multiplier and 4000 MHz, the cache should probably be running at a ratio of 36 or 37 which would be 3600 MHz to 3700 MHz.

Have a look in the ThrottleStop FIVR window for this info while the CPU is fully loaded. My desktop CPU runs at 5000 MHz so the cache ratio is 47 in the monitoring table.

h6Z7B1Q.png

Status
Not open for further replies.