Question i5-12400f or i5-13600k?

Jul 26, 2022
Ive been looking for a new cpu for my 3060ti and i dont know which cpu to pick the i5-12400f or i5-13600k, can someone tell me which ones better?

Reactions: jnjnilson6
do you have any suggestions what motherboard i should get for the K?

Decide on the features you need.

How many NVMe drive ports? Of what generation?

What monitor ports do you need? HDMI or Display Port? Just one?

What RAM? DDR4? DDR5?

Etc, etc.

You may be perfectly OK with a microATX board rather than full ATX.

Most likely you'd want a board in one of the following categories, but some of them may not fit in your unknown case:

Z790, Z790M, B760, B760M.

Prices in USA roughly 150 on up. Take your time.

Reactions: SSSSNAKE
Jul 26, 2022
I'd pick the K, since you're getting an iGPU and that comes in handy when you have to troubleshoot display issues. As for the parts, you should try and get the latter generation, not the prior. What motherboard are you going to pair that processor with?
im going to need a new motherboard anyways if im going to buy the i5-13600k. The currenct motherboard i have is the prime h310m-k r2.0

Jul 26, 2022
Decide on the features you need.

How many NVMe drive ports? Of what generation?

What monitor ports do you need? HDMI or Display Port? Just one?

What RAM? DDR4? DDR5?

Etc, etc.

You may be perfectly OK with a microATX board rather than full ATX.

Most likely you'd want a board in one of the following categories, but some of them may not fit in your unknown case:

Z790, Z790M, B760, B760M.

Prices in USA roughly 150 on up. Take your time.
is the msi mag b760 tomahawk wifi a good option?

Reactions: Why_Me
MSI is a good brand.

I don't have the slightest idea if that board has the features you need.

You'd have to check that out by looking at the specifications sheet on the MSI web site:

There might be more than 1 version....DDR4 and DDR5. They are NOT interchangable.

Jul 26, 2022
MSI is a good brand.

I don't have the slightest idea if that board has the features you need.

You'd have to check that out by looking at the specifications sheet on the MSI web site:

There might be more than 1 version....DDR4 and DDR5. They are NOT interchangable.
i have another question. Is the i7-8700 good for 3060ti? This is the cpu i have currently

jnjnilson6

Distinguished
i have another question. Is the i7-8700 good for 3060ti? This is the cpu i have currently
I think it should be quite proportionally good, passing deftly through the frames, providing a complementary gaming experience.

Of course, you can get the i5-13600K, or wait a couple of years for something undoubtedly faster. I think you can afford a year or two more with the i7-8700 until you upgrade; and yet if you have decided to do it now it is also a good time, for the i5-13600K proves an undaunted warrior.

Jul 26, 2022
I think it should be quite proportionally good, passing deftly through the frames, providing a complementary gaming experience.

Of course, you can get the i5-13600K, or wait a couple of years for something undoubtedly faster. I think you can afford a year or two more with the i7-8700 until you upgrade; and yet if you have decided to do it now it is also a good time, for the i5-13600K proves an undaunted warrior.
Could my PC have a bottleneck? Because when I play GTA online for example my game stutters, drops frames when in the city the game also repeatedly freezes for like 1 second and I'm not even playing on the highest graphics. Could it be because I have 2666mhz ram?

Lithuania
For a locked i5 such as the 12400F for example then this board will work fine.

https://www.skytech.lt/b760m-gaming...g-ddr4-gigabyte-b760m-gaming-dd-p-650445.html

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B760M-GAMING-X-DDR4-rev-10

For the unlocked 13600K / 13600KF you want a board with more robust VRM's such as this MSI board.

https://www.skytech.lt/7d99001r-msi...ste-intel-b760-lga-1700-micro-a-p-629781.html

Last edited:
What ram would you recommend me buy for this motherboard? Because I'll need faster ram
DDR4 3200 2x16GB CL16.

This board is another excellent option but the price doesn't look correct. That board cost more here in the US. I don't read Lithuanian ... is this the price before VAT?

https://www.rde.lt/products/lt/426/1213477/sort/5/filter/0_0_0_0/Pro-B760-P-WIFI-DDR4-pagrindinė-plokštė.html

Last edited:
DDR4 3200 2x16GB CL16.

This board is another excellent option but the price doesn't look correct. That board cost more here in the US. I don't read Lithuanian ... is this the price before VAT?

https://www.rde.lt/products/lt/426/1213477/sort/5/filter/0_0_0_0/Pro-B760-P-WIFI-DDR4-pagrindinė-plokštė.html

This is the same board in the US. I never see any PC components in a EU member country cost less than here.

Jul 26, 2022
This is the same board in the US. I never see any PC components in a EU member country cost less than here.

ok this question is off topic but i need to ask you this. Is 60-75fps okay on gta 5 online?
Pc specs:
3060ti
i7-8700
32gb ram 2666mhz (dual channel)16x2

The graphics im playing on:
DirectX version 11
Resolution:1920x1080
Refresh rate:165hz
FXAA: off
MSAA:4x
NVIDIA TXAA: off
Vsync: off