Question i5 12500 + Msi Pro B660M-A or i5 12600k + msi Pro B660M-A which is better?

Sep 11, 2022
i5 12500 + Msi Pro B660M-A or i5 12600k + msi Pro B660M-A which is better?
If I don't overclock then can I use 12600k with Msi pro B660m-a . I wanted to get more cores to get better performance in productivity work but didn't have the budget to get a Z series motherboard.
12600k has total 10 cores, 6 performance-cores And 4 Efficient-cores . If I use it with msi pro b660m-a then this total 10 core will work properly ?
Give me a suggestion please .

I blame @TechyInAZ for all of this.
I'm not aware of any core problems on B series.

Win 11 has better core scheduling than Win 10. Not sure how major a factor that is for typical user, but you might consider 11 if you want max performance.

Yeah with Alder Lake you'll want to use Windows 11 if possible. But, its not a requirement, I know people who run Alder Lake on Windows 10 ok, it just won't be the best expereince.

Only exception is Alder Lake chips with no E-cores, then have at it, use whatever you want.

Reactions: Why_Me
Nov 18, 2022
I would stay away from MSI. They are a horrible company. I purchased a GS76 Stealth 11UH-029 17.3” FHD Gaming Laptop with Extended Warranty - 2 Years for $3,239.99. The laptop broke by fault of MSI hardware within 7 months of owning it and I had to send it in for a repair. When they repaired it, they caused another problem with the licensure of Windows and I had to redownload all the drivers manually with MSI on the phone. Another hardware problem came up and I had to send it in for a repair again. I have been without this laptop for over three months. Bernabe Nunez is very unresponsive and they will not give me a refund. Finally, they shipped it to the wrong location and guaranteed me an extension on my warranty and have failed to follow through. STAY FAR AWAY FROM MSI. I hope my accurate review will spare anyone else the extreme frustration MSI has caused me.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I would stay away from MSI. They are a horrible company. I purchased a GS76 Stealth 11UH-029 17.3” FHD Gaming Laptop with Extended Warranty - 2 Years for $3,239.99. The laptop broke by fault of MSI hardware within 7 months of owning it and I had to send it in for a repair. When they repaired it, they caused another problem with the licensure of Windows and I had to redownload all the drivers manually with MSI on the phone. Another hardware problem came up and I had to send it in for a repair again. I have been without this laptop for over three months. Bernabe Nunez is very unresponsive and they will not give me a refund. Finally, they shipped it to the wrong location and guaranteed me an extension on my warranty and have failed to follow through. STAY FAR AWAY FROM MSI. I hope my accurate review will spare anyone else the extreme frustration MSI has caused me.
No. That can happen with any of them.
Sent a Asus board in 2 times to get fixed and was returned the same board both times and still had the same problem so it was never even fixed just shipped back.