[SOLVED] I5 12600k don't OC

Apr 7, 2022
Hi i bought a i5 12600k and i have a asus tuf gaminiIg b660 and a arctic 280 liquid freezer 2, with the stock specs on cinebench i have all the cores clocks to 4.5 and sigle core clock to 4.9
I wanted to do some OC but i dont know why on the bios only let me put to 4.9 and when i use the cinebench even with 4.9 set on bios it goes to 4.5 while benchmarking all cores.
Do someone know how to solve this? i just wanted to get something like 4.7/4.8 to all cores
(temps are between 60ºC and 70ºC)

Solution
A 12600K has pretty darn decent clocks as it is, and, getting all cores to top max turbo is an overclock in itself, and, not an insignificant one...

Worrying over another potential 100 MHz on all cores is something some will do, but, most will have GPUs far less than a 3070, making the worrying over the CPU clocks perhaps not pointless, but...you can sure see it from there. :)
Apr 7, 2022
Really? :/ i went to a top tier b660 instead of an entry z690 and is that the problem?
So i guess i will just undervolt to down the temps and thats it

Apr 7, 2022
On B660 you can OC ram and turn on Multi Core Enhancement for CPU. That's about it.
For full CPU OC you need Z690.

4.7/4.8 to all cores should be possible with MCE.
Not sure, how this feature is called in Asus BIOS though.

I enabled that and xmp and it stays the same, te xmp is working fine but de enhancement was already enabled when i tested it on cinebench.
I don´t know how to enable mce, and what's the diference between MCE and the Multi Core Enhancement?

A 12600K has pretty darn decent clocks as it is, and, getting all cores to top max turbo is an overclock in itself, and, not an insignificant one...

Worrying over another potential 100 MHz on all cores is something some will do, but, most will have GPUs far less than a 3070, making the worrying over the CPU clocks perhaps not pointless, but...you can sure see it from there. :)

Reactions: CountMike
Solution