Question i5-12600K should I OC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

folksrust

Honorable
Oct 19, 2017
Should I overclock the CPU? Im looking for more performance on Rust(game) as it is a CPU game, I have an RTX2060 paired with it on a B660M motherboard

I currently have a stock cooler because I couldn’t get my cooler master air flower radiator cooler on my new motherboard. What cooler should I get if I was to overclock? And yes, this will be my first time properly overclock if I did overclock

lastly, I have an i5-12600k paired with an RTX2060 and I was wondering if I would get a performance boost if I upgraded to an RTX2080Ti or rx 6800 xt/rx 6900 xt

i mainly play rust which is a CPU cantered game, doesn’t really rely on GPU that much but I know others like MW2 would require a better gpu

Lutfij

Titan
I have an RTX2060 paired with it on a B660M motherboard
You can't overclock your CPU while on that chipset/motherboard.

Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. Airflow and fan orientation in your chassis?

folksrust

Honorable
Oct 19, 2017
I have an RTX2060 paired with it on a B660M motherboard
You can't overclock your CPU while on that chipset/motherboard.

Please list them like so:
CPU: i5 12600K
Motherboard: B660M MSI Mobo
Ram: 16gb 2x8 3600mhz Klevv Volt
SSD/HDD: 224 kingston ssd and 1TB Samsung Evo SSD
GPU: RTX 2060
PSU: VS650 Corsair - around 1 or 2 years old I think
Chassis: not too sure what my chassis is as it is only but it is a big case, can fit all mobo's
Monitor: 1x 144hz and the other is 75hz
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. Airflow and fan orientation in your chassis? I think I have 4 fans in my PC, in take and out take

Jun 24, 2023
As far as i can find that chipset does not support overclocking. Turbo boost these days is pretty good. Unless you're really into it and want to spend the money for a liquid cooler and a new motherboard I would say it's not really worth it. Some people like to do it because that's their hobby or they like tweaking and playing with it, but the performance gains imo are not that great for the money you will have to spend. Let it turbo boost up to 4.9 on its own and call it good. Again, just one man's opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.