Question i5 13600k build won't post (Solved)

4ktv

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
Specs:

CPU: i5 13600k

RAM: 16GBx2 DDR 4 3600 Gskill

Motherboard: Gigabyte B660M DS3H DRR4

PSU: Corsair CX-750M

Have flashed BIO's via USB port and while all fans respond there is no video output from the MB HDMI. Have tried having only one stick of ram in system and still can not get any video output or enter BIO's.

Even used an old 512MB flash drive to do the BIO flash since the rest of my USB flash drives are USB 3.0. Is it possible I have misunderstood this motherboard and what CPU's it actually supports?

Last edited:

4ktv

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-600-series-boards-for-raptor-lake

According to the above link, that motherboard does support BIOS flashing without a CPU so that the board will then support 13th gen CPUs.

I've never done that. There are some quite detailed Youtube videos of the process.

Are you sure you updated the BIOS to a version known to be new enough to support 13th gen CPUs?

I have done a BIOS usb flash without CPU before when I got a 5800X on the MSI MB I had before it died.

I selected the newest BIO's on Gigabyte's website for this motherboard model. Just read an amazon review where someone with a 13600k got it working on this motherboard after flashing the BIO's.

So it has to be user error on my part or the motherboard is just faulty.

Edit: It was user error on my part. Did not realize I was flashing the BIO's for the Gigabyte B660 DS3H DRR4. When mine is actually the Gigabyte B660M DS3H DRR4. Just that small typo was enough to download the wrong BIO's.

It works just fine now.

Last edited: