Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
What do you think is better and would you go for

I5 13600k or ryzen 7 7700

Gaming usage and (maybe) some video editing not a huge video editing just a few

Z690 + I5 13600k + 32gb 6000 is the same price

As ryzen 7 7700 32gb 6000 + b650 mobo

Reactions: jnjnilson6
When you look at "future" cpu upgrades you really have to ask yourself how often have you actually just upgraded the cpu previously.
Now some people have too much money and upgrade the cpu every year but if you were to wait say 3 or 4 years they may have changed the motherboard anyway.

Unless you run at 1080p you almost can't measure difference in cpu because games are being limited by the gpu.

I would buy what meets your needs today and is within your budget and just assume that by the time your cpu is the limitation there will some other feature on motherboards you want anyway.

That said I like many others am waiting to see the pricing on the new x3d chips. I strongly suspect they will over price them. The 7800x3d looks like the best hope but I suspect it will be priced near a 13700k with the 7900x3d and 7950x3d above the 13900k.
This is made even harder when you consider they likely will not perform any better than say a 13600k using ddr4 for a lot less money if you are running 1440 or 4k.

autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
I have checked a video for hardware unboxed reviewing thag cpu and its not performing well

Search hardware unboxed 13500 and see
To be honest this cpu is somewhat expensive it shouldnt exceed the 220-230$ max

The i5 13400 is so bad and there is no big difference between i5 12500 and i5 13400

For a new build I’d consider the 7700. Someone mentioned future compatibility. Put it this way, I bought an amd ryzen 1000 series chip in 2017-18 when they first brought them out. I was able in 2022 to put a ryzen 5800x into that board 4-5 years later and I’m using that setup still. So that spans I think 4 generations. Can’t say that will be the case with am5, but you figure if you get 3 generations that’s still more than the Intel system.

jnjnilson6

Distinguished
What do you think is better and would you go for

I5 13600k or ryzen 7 7700

Gaming usage and (maybe) some video editing not a huge video editing just a few

Z690 + I5 13600k + 32gb 6000 is the same price

As ryzen 7 7700 32gb 6000 + b650 mobo
Seems the i5-13600K has got an edge by about 20% in comparison to the Ryzen.

Screenshot-20230122-111501.png

autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
For a new build I’d consider the 7700. Someone mentioned future compatibility. Put it this way, I bought an amd ryzen 1000 series chip in 2017-18 when they first brought them out. I was able in 2022 to put a ryzen 5800x into that board 4-5 years later and I’m using that setup still. So that spans I think 4 generations. Can’t say that will be the case with am5, but you figure if you get 3 generations that’s still more than the Intel system.
So The 7700 beats i5 13600k in games ?

I have checked a video for hardware unboxed reviewing thag cpu and its not performing well

Search hardware unboxed 13500 and see
To be honest this cpu is somewhat expensive it shouldnt exceed the 220-230$ max

The i5 13400 is so bad and there is no big difference between i5 12500 and i5 13400
AMD Unboxed is the only site tmk that has the 13600K losing out to the 7600X more times than naught in gaming. I take a lot of their reviews with a grain of salt.

jnjnilson6

Distinguished
Do games use multi or single thread only ? I want the highest fps in games without hitting hard productivity of course
It depends upon the game, although it would only be reasonable that newer games use a lot of cores. Single core performance was something notable in the Pentium 4 era and before. Even the fastest single core which may run at 5 or 6 GHz would undoubtedly perform worse in newer games and applications than a Quad core or above. So going way down to single core performance is mostly unnecessary because in today's world most applications use at least 2 cores and anything single core is majorly obsolete and vindictive in terms of performance. So you should definitely always look out for the performance in terms of all cores instead of just a single one.

Let me give you an example. A pizza company has 4 cars and needs to access 4 different addresses to send out pizza.

Now, the 1st car is really fast; the other 3 cars aren't. Would it be possible though for the 1st car to visit all four addresses faster than if all 4 cars had to visit them one after another? One car would visit address one, one address two and so on... If only the 1st car were available it would have to visit address one, then go to address two and no matter how fast it is it would never be able to cover all the addresses the way four cars would.

It's the same with threads and cores.

autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
It depends upon the game, although it would only be reasonable that newer games use a lot of cores. Single core performance was something notable in the Pentium 4 era and before. Even the fastest single core which may run at 5 or 6 GHz would undoubtedly perform worse in newer games and applications than a Quad core or above. So going way down to single core performance is mostly unnecessary because in today's world most applications use at least 2 cores and anything single core is majorly obsolete and vindictive in terms of performance. So you should definitely always look out for the performance in terms of all cores instead of just a single one.

Let me give you an example. A pizza company has 4 cars and needs to access 4 different addresses to send out pizza.

Now, the 1st car is really fast; the other 3 cars aren't. Would it be possible though for the 1st car to visit all four addresses faster than if all 4 cars had to visit them one after another? One car would visit address one, one address two and so on... If only the 1st car were available it would have to visit address one, then go to address two and no matter how fast it is it would never be able to cover all the addresses the way four cars would.

It's the same with threads and cores.
I see. Nice one .
I wanted to go for i7 13700k but heat issues and i cant afford a liquid and even if i can . I wont cause i hate liquids and love air but it have heat issues

I dont want my cpu to reach more than 75 on max even that intel says that its fine. We all know that high temps are electronics killer
I just want to have the highest fps available without breaking the bank but i cant find a cpu and i dont know what to pick this .its confusing a lot

Reactions: jnjnilson6