[SOLVED] i5 2400 upgrade help

Dec 1, 2020
I dont know too much about PC stuff. My processor is an i5 2400 3.10ghz. I have a GTX 1050. 8gb of ram. My motherboard is kinda old. Not sure exactly but it says its hp 1495. It has a LGA 1155. What is an upgrade from an i5 2400 that I can use without buying a new motherboard. I want everything to run faster and smoother. I also want to upgrade to 16 gb ram. Used mostly for gaming. Sorry if I left anything out, Im new to this stuff

Last edited:
Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You will need to download, install and fire up CPU-Z and then see what motherboard you have. We can move forward with upgrade suggestions but you won't be able to look past a 3rd Intel processor if the board supports it unless you decide to revamp the platform = buying a new entry level system.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You will need to download, install and fire up CPU-Z and then see what motherboard you have. We can move forward with upgrade suggestions but you won't be able to look past a 3rd Intel processor if the board supports it unless you decide to revamp the platform = buying a new entry level system.

Solution