Jul 30, 2020
I just bought 2x i5 2500k's and one of them seems to be fine (windows and bios) but the otherone gives weird values in task manager etc.
In bios the one that gives the weird values seems to be fine.. it has 33x multiplier and the rest is on Auto.
So why does it say that it has the base clock at 3.6 ghz and it bumps over 3.7-3.8 sometimes in task manager, if the bios multiplier is set to 33x dosent that mean that it isnt OC'ed ?
(i dont really know if something is wrong or if its just a bug or something )

Screenshot-1444.png
Screenshot-1446.png
Screenshot-1445.png

Solution
Task manager is not a reliable frequency utility so the "base speed" info is useless...according to cpu-z you have a 35x multiplier and it's running at 3500mhz so it looks normal.

The multiplier should be on "auto" in the BIOS and the 2500x will scale between 3300 and 3700mhz depending on cpu load as long as cool n quiet and other core features are on in the BIOS.
Task manager is not a reliable frequency utility so the "base speed" info is useless...according to cpu-z you have a 35x multiplier and it's running at 3500mhz so it looks normal.

The multiplier should be on "auto" in the BIOS and the 2500x will scale between 3300 and 3700mhz depending on cpu load as long as cool n quiet and other core features are on in the BIOS.

Solution