I5 2500K overclock.

mnvikes

Honorable
May 9, 2012
Hello, I was wondering what the best overclock settings would be for a 4.5 overclock with an i5 2500K CPU on an AsRock Extreme3 Gen3 MOBO would be. Thanks!

You're using Auto voltage then, which is not good. @ 4.5Ghz, it's probably giving the CPU WAY more voltage than it really needs. If your Vcore is much over 1.34V for 4.5Ghz, it's too high. 1.34V is high by itself, but SOME 2500K's need that for 4.5. Most can do 4.5 at something lower though.

I think starting at 1.25V is a little low. I would recommend starting at 1.3V and going up or down from there depending on stability.

I don't OC with the Turbo multipliers though, just with the main multi. Not right or wrong, just my preference.

Temps shouldn't be much of a problem, in your case, though.

Well, look at my CPU-Z validation to see what it takes for me... 1.328V idle (with SpeedStep disabled), and 1.277V at 100% load.

1.200V would be amazing, and if true, you have a VERY lucky chip.

Never mind the fact that I REALLY don't believe Auto voltage would just give it 1.200V for 4.5. If it does, that's the most conservative and quite unrealistic Auto voltage setting I've ever seen.

I'll tell you what. Put the Windows power setting to High Performance and validate it with CPU-Z (how I did it). That's a great thing to brag about, if it's true.

osamabinrobot

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012
2376652.png

sometimes it goes a little higher like i said

osamabinrobot

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012
haha well i guess i lucked out on my chip then? i bought it off newegg a month ago and have been pretty pleased with it so far. like i said i went to 5 initially and that seemed unnecessary so i brought it down a bit. im not here to screw with people just saying what i got with my real world attempt.