i5-2500k won't overclock

brian.rude

Reputable
Sep 22, 2018
I originally built my PC in 2011, but I never had much of a need to actually overclock it until now. (The only parts I've replaced since then are my GPU and my HDD to a SSD.) I've been following guides to OC my 2500k, but no matter what I do, I can't get it to go above 3.3. (To be very specific, the most I see is 3292.96MHz, according to CPU-Z.)

The most recent guide I've used is this, but I've also tried others over the past week, with the same results, or lack thereof.

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge Quad-Core 3.3GHz
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
MB: BIOSTAR TZ68A+
RAM: 16 GB (G.SKILL Sniper 2x4GB, Corsair XMS3 2x4GB, both 1333 MHz DDR3)

Edit: I have used Prime95 to stress test, and it still doesn't go above 3.3GHz. I have also tried to just change the fixed CPU speed, the four individual cores, and both of those at once, with no change.

Solution
Vrm cooling on that board is not really good but.You still can overclock go to bios under advanced settings turn off all power vaing features c1 c2 c3 Epu speedstep. Disable turbo too. Enable internal pll voltage override . Rise multiplier to 44 and rise the voltage around 1.3V . Use prime for stability test for around 10 min if it crashes rise the voltage little bit with + on the keyboard and try again. The max is 1.4v just dont go close what coooling solution are you using ?

Ilijas Ramic

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2014
Vrm cooling on that board is not really good but.You still can overclock go to bios under advanced settings turn off all power vaing features c1 c2 c3 Epu speedstep. Disable turbo too. Enable internal pll voltage override . Rise multiplier to 44 and rise the voltage around 1.3V . Use prime for stability test for around 10 min if it crashes rise the voltage little bit with + on the keyboard and try again. The max is 1.4v just dont go close what coooling solution are you using ?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS