Question i5 3350p worth upgrading to a i7 2600?

astrowixapl

Prominent
Jun 8, 2018
Watch the, now edited, "colorful" language, please. Thank you.
I apologize if this was already answered.
I have a i5 3350p 3,1 GHz, 8gb ram and a GTX 1050ti OC edition (also overclocked by me even more), and i want to but i dont know if i should upgrade to a i7 2600 to increase performance and fps. I want to get rid of lag spikes and low fps in a game like squad for eg. and minecraft.
For some reason gta v on its highest setting (with only the gpu with factory oc) works fine - 50 - 70 fps lowest 20-30fps, and i could even stream it on yt 1080p. Minecraft gets its weird lag spikes even on lowest settings, and squad is a slideshow.

It doesn't have to be the i7 2600, i can upgrade to any CPU with a 1155 socket unless its not worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:

astrowixapl

Prominent
Jun 8, 2018
What is the make/model of your motherboard? Knowing this will help determine what your options might be.
Motherboard - MS 7797 (something to do with msi), with Medion bios... pls dont laugh. I would like to buy a better cheap motherboard with a 1155 but i dont know if its better to buy a better cpu with motherboard running on ddr4 ram alltogether. On a very tight budget - I have to spend most of my money on other things

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The i7-3770 is likely the strongest CPU that motherboard will support. It would be a decent increase in gaming performance over your current CPU (as would an i7-2600).

Overall, I think you know that saving your $$$ for a complete system upgrade would be better in the long run.

Reactions: astrowixapl
On a very tight budget - I have to spend most of my money on other things

I would keep an eye out for memory upgrade 16 gb will be a big improvement for very little out of pocket. Right place right time kinda thing $30.00

I try so hard to have love for the GTX 1050's and some look beefy but still a GTX 970 ! kills it.

I have seen GTX 970's as low as $60.00
ATI RX 580's $80-$100.00
https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-970-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti/2577vs3649

The i7's 3770 or the 2600's show up now and than in a unloved HP or Dell and sometimes with 16gb of memory for cheap. Right time/ place again. $30- $80.00

Overall, I think you know that saving your $$$ for a complete system upgrade would be better in the long run

But I do agree unless you get great deals here and there, keeping it on the lower money side or just save up for later faster more bang for the buck system.

Reactions: astrowixapl

astrowixapl

Prominent
Jun 8, 2018
Watch the, now edited, "colorful" language, please. Thank you.
I have seen GTX 970's as low as $60.00
ATI RX 580's $80-$100.00

Holy <<edit>> , now i dont know if i should sell my 1050ti and buy the 970, I will think about ram etc.

Thanks for the reply, now i feel like i shot my self in the leg. Last years summer 1050ti were expensive in my region (Poland) around 800PLN (210-ish usd) for a used 1050ti minimum, now its 500PLN and less. Geez things drop in price and speed quickly, i swear last summer it was like a decent/good budget entry level gpu.

Last edited by a moderator:

astrowixapl

Prominent
Jun 8, 2018
The i7-3770 is likely the strongest CPU that motherboard will support. It would be a decent increase in gaming performance over your current CPU (as would an i7-2600).

Overall, I think you know that saving your $$$ for a complete system upgrade would be better in the long run.

I think the last option is the best, but but but i want to get a better cpu or gpu as it turned out to be no longer the decent good gaming pc.
Thanks for the comment i really apreciate it.