Question I5 3470 with GTX 1060 3gb

Feb 21, 2019
Hello everyone, i have problem with my gpu and cpu.
My setup is:
I5 3470 ocked to 3.60ghz
8gb ram 1333mhz ocked to 1600mhz
Gtx 1060 3gb zotac amp! Dual fan
So the problem is that my cpu usage more then gpu, alot of people said that is the bottleneck but i saw in forums that my i5 will work fine with this gpu.
CounterStrike GlobalOffensive - cpu usage 70-100%
Gpu usage - 20-30%
Then cpu hit 100% i getting micro lag.
Maybe somebody knoe how to fix it? And that in all games gpu nots works on his maximum.
Only one game who using 90-100% gpu is Apex Legends.

Phazoner

Distinguished
CSGO has really poor graphics (and optimization for powerful PCs) and this way the graphics card can render loads of FPS which the CPU has to manage, overloading it. Additionally CSGO only uses two or three CPU cores.

It just makes no sense to let the game make so much FPS unless you have a 240Hz monitor or something. Just lock the framerate under the minimum framerate you are getting.

You are seeing the effects of a weak CPU and a powerful card. A PC needs to have balance in order to operate correctly and you have a powerhouse interior decorator but your framers(CPU) can't keep up. You basically have Usain Bolt running a relay race with donald trump(CPU).

i saw in forums that my i5 will work fine with this gpu.

Whoever said your CPU is okay to use with a 1060 is wrong. I mean you could install a 2080 and it will work but you will still see a very low GPU usage.

I would upgrade to a Ryzen 2600x or a 9600K would seriously increase your GPU usage because the slacker has been benched.

BTW, notice your 30% usage and the usage in those links is also around 30%. It's not a coincidence. It's normal behavior when a system is unbalanced.

Feb 21, 2019
CSGO has really poor graphics (and optimization for powerful PCs) and this way the graphics card can render loads of FPS which the CPU has to manage, overloading it. Additionally CSGO only uses two or three CPU cores.

It just makes no sense to let the game make so much FPS unless you have a 240Hz monitor or something. Just lock the framerate under the minimum framerate you are getting.
Like 3 week ago i was getting gtx 670 with that cpu ant it was very nice and stable fps. On high settings like 250+ fps then i upgraded to 1060 3gb it like 150-200fps with alot of micro stutters

Feb 21, 2019

And by the way, my monitor is 1680x1050 maybe this is the problem?

Feb 21, 2019
Reinstall the drivers. Anyways CSGO is screwed up patch after patch. I won't be surprised if it actually runs better in worse but of its time cards.
Then i got gtx 670 and now i bought 1060 3gb and i removed with DDU and instal from geforce experience but anyway nothing happens