[SOLVED] I5 -3470

Jun 10, 2019
I actually have an i5 -3470...the problem is That turbo boost upto 3.6ghz...but even in most cpu intensive task it just go to 3.3ghz...i even check the bios..i enabled turbo boost from 'auto'...and due to that the games r just a bit laggy but not bottlenecking with the gtx 1050ti
Mobo-Gigabyte h61-ds2 (rev 2.2)

Solution
I actually have an i5 -3470...the problem is That turbo boost upto 3.6ghz...but even in most cpu intensive task it just go to 3.3ghz.
The maximum 'turbo' clock is only achievable when only one core is under significant load and sufficient power and cooling are available. When multiple cores are in use or the CPU gets warmer, the turbo frequency is lower to keep TDP in check.

My i5-3470 does hit its 3.6GHz boost clock but usually sticks around 3.4GHz under all-cores loads.

InvalidError

Titan
I actually have an i5 -3470...the problem is That turbo boost upto 3.6ghz...but even in most cpu intensive task it just go to 3.3ghz.
The maximum 'turbo' clock is only achievable when only one core is under significant load and sufficient power and cooling are available. When multiple cores are in use or the CPU gets warmer, the turbo frequency is lower to keep TDP in check.

My i5-3470 does hit its 3.6GHz boost clock but usually sticks around 3.4GHz under all-cores loads.

Solution