I5 3570 vs I7 3770 for gaming

eli150

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2013
hi,
every time i check the system req for the latest games i can see an i7 as the recommended CPU.

i own an i5 3570 and a 770GTX GPU. Do i need to upgrade my CPU?

Is there a big difference in gaming between these two CPUs?

if there isn't a difference, Will my cpu and gpu be good enough to run upcoming games on max settings?

thanks in advance

Solution
No, the 3570 will be more than fine for gaming, I wont recommend changing CPU for atleast 2-3 years.

Your CPU and GPU are both standing strong, and will for some time.

Look at all the glorious i5 2500k which are doing more than fine today.(they are from early 2011).

Your combo should be able to play upcoming games at very decent setting with a more than reasonable FPS.

vmN

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013
No, the 3570 will be more than fine for gaming, I wont recommend changing CPU for atleast 2-3 years.

Your CPU and GPU are both standing strong, and will for some time.

Look at all the glorious i5 2500k which are doing more than fine today.(they are from early 2011).

Your combo should be able to play upcoming games at very decent setting with a more than reasonable FPS.

Solution

maurelie

Honorable

+1
I also wouldn't change the i5 3570. The hypertherading features on the Intel's i7 will not give you any benefit in gaming. Intel's i5 is more oriented for gaming.

eli150

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2013
Hi,
Watch dogs just came out and i wanted to ask if my cpu and the i7 have a big performance difference?

Thanks in advance

P. S.

Anyone know how to enable triple buffering? The game does not run well... I have everything maxed out on 1080p except textures on medium and aa on temporal smaa

Not really. Many benchmarks differ, but they tend to be quite close.

CPU_01.png

Don't worry about the game not running well, that's the story on just about any setup. Awfully optimised game.

eli150

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2013
Thanks buddy i was getting a bit worried about my cpu. Watch dogs runs fine now for some reason i use temporal smaa textures on high and everything else maxed. Do you really need 3gb to run the game's textures on ultra?

logainofhades

Titan
From what I understand, Watch Dogs is very vram hungry game. If you feel you want to change your CPU, and your board supports it, I would go with a 1230v2 and sell your 3570. You get i7 3770 performance for nearly the same price as a 3570k. ;) You should be fine still with what you have, though. I think the i7 requirement is only for ultra, as is the higher end graphics cards with 3gb+ vram.