[SOLVED] i5-3570K + H61M-VS

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
Hey everyone, I'm doing a budget build and picked up an i5-3570K + ASRock H61M-VS motherboard and was wondering if i could overclock on this motherboard? It looks to be pretty dinky but i decided i might ask just in case i could.
Thanks!

Solution
Hey everyone, I'm doing a budget build and picked up an i5-3570K + ASRock H61M-VS motherboard and was wondering if i could overclock on this motherboard? It looks to be pretty dinky but i decided i might ask just in case i could.
Thanks!

H61 motherboards are not capable of overclocking. You can try BCLK OCing, but it's not really stable.
Also, gains while BCLK overclocking are much smaller... you might get a couple of MHz out of it, but you may encounter stability issues along the way.

The best thing to do is to keep it at stock clocks.
Thanks!

H61 motherboards are not capable of overclocking. You can try BCLK OCing, but it's not really stable.
Also, gains while BCLK overclocking are much smaller... you might get a couple of MHz out of it, but you may encounter stability issues along the way.

Solution

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019

oh yeah duh. I'm an idiot. I swear im not that dumb i knew H boards couldnt overclock i swear dont think i dumb