i5 3570k overheating (not oc'ed)

MyNameX

Reputable
Feb 6, 2016
the temp gettting up to 70-71 (in games ) and 30-40 (normal) .i got freezer 13 and cpu inst working at 100% (50-55%) . is it normal ,becase my safe temp is 67.2 ... i do have turbo boost on (it's on auto)

Solution
CompuTronix posted this nice Guide.

Intel's Thermal Specification (Tcase) for the i5 3570K is 67C, which is CPU temperature, not Core temperature. Core temperature is 5C higher than CPU temperature due to sensor location, so Tcase +5 makes the corresponding Core temperature 72C.

This means that mid-70's are safe operating temperatures.

Throttle temperature is 105C.

It's all explained in this Tom's Sticky: Intel Temperature Guide - http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1800828/intel-temperature-guide.html

" ... 3rd Generation 22 Nanometer: 3570K / 3770K (TDP 77W / Idle 4W)

Standard Ambient = 22C
Tcase (CPU temp) = 67C
CPU / Core offset + 5C
Tjunction (Core temp) = 72C
Tj Max (Throttle temp) =...
Something is wrong. Either the fan(cooler) is working properly, maybe the cooler isn't seated correctly or maybe thermal paste is not set right.

If the fan is working, I'd remove the heat sink from the cpu, clean off the thermal paste, apply new paste and re-seat the cooler.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
CompuTronix posted this nice Guide.

Intel's Thermal Specification (Tcase) for the i5 3570K is 67C, which is CPU temperature, not Core temperature. Core temperature is 5C higher than CPU temperature due to sensor location, so Tcase +5 makes the corresponding Core temperature 72C.

This means that mid-70's are safe operating temperatures.

Throttle temperature is 105C.

It's all explained in this Tom's Sticky: Intel Temperature Guide - http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1800828/intel-temperature-guide.html

" ... 3rd Generation 22 Nanometer: 3570K / 3770K (TDP 77W / Idle 4W)

Standard Ambient = 22C
Tcase (CPU temp) = 67C
CPU / Core offset + 5C
Tjunction (Core temp) = 72C
Tj Max (Throttle temp) = 105C ... "

That was a quote from CompuTronix and the info is from a great GUIDE in the forum , wanted you to see the info.

It's a great Guide with tons of info.

Solution
Hello... as a "simple test" remove a cover off your case and see what your MAX and Min Temps and Fan RPM change.
1) if ya got a screw mount Heatsink cooler, give them a twist tighter.
2) Check and remove any gathered dust or lint from the Cooler and fan.

As mentioned above 70-71C is a safe operating range for your CPU.

MyNameX

Reputable
Feb 6, 2016

hx alot , acctuly it's only getting to 70-71 at far cry 4 . i tried witcher 3 , my cpu goes up to 75% but the temp is 60-67 max (almost always it's set on 65 sometimes it's goes down a bit and sometimes it's go up a bit )
thx for the help :D