i5-3570k running at 100% on one of the cores

kirov96

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011
these last few days my PC was having some random lags. The only programs I was using were Ableton, it's a music maker software, itunes, and some games. The lags were bearable until today. Switched on my PC and boot-up took like....5mins, then I saw that CPU usage was all the way up to 100%, no programs open. then usage would subside but once i clicked on itunes it would go up to 100% again.

any suggestions?? anyone that has encountered this problem before??

Solution
it sounds like itunes or one of its services is causing problems.

i have always found itunes and its services to cause slowdowns and problems on any computer it is installed.
uninstall itunes and all apple related software and see if the problem persists.

also download ccleaner and run the file cleaner and then run the registry cleaner multiple times untill it shows no errors.

if you want to keep using itunes and if you do not have an ipod or an iphone when you reinstall itunes uninstall the mobile device support services and updater services and the bonjour service.
it sounds like itunes or one of its services is causing problems.

i have always found itunes and its services to cause slowdowns and problems on any computer it is installed.
uninstall itunes and all apple related software and see if the problem persists.

also download ccleaner and run the file cleaner and then run the registry cleaner multiple times untill it shows no errors.

if you want to keep using itunes and if you do not have an ipod or an iphone when you reinstall itunes uninstall the mobile device support services and updater services and the bonjour service.

Solution