I5 3570K Temperature

ali.khal1l3579

Prominent
Jul 30, 2018
I bought a used i5 3570K i got it today it's working fine,i put thermal paste and all temp when idle is 47 °C but it's 90+ °C while gaming and when i checked the temp from the bios it was 60~64 °C, i have intel's stock cooler and i have 2 fans in the case (if that helps). Should i just not worry and get a new CPU cooler or should i return the CPU.

Specs:
CPU: intel core i5 3570K (3.4GHZ stock speed)
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-P75-D3 (rev 1.1)
Case: Cooler Master RC-K380 Mid Tower
GPU: Asus Cerberus GTX 1050TI
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB (1×8) DDR3 1600MHZ
PSU: Gamma HEC-600TE-2WX

Solution
ali.khal1l3579,

On behalf of Tom's Moderator Team, welcome aboard!

47°C is very high for idle, and 90+°C is too hot, regardless of the type of workload.

Here's the nominal operating range for Core temperature:

Core temperatures above 85°C are not recommended.

Core temperatures below 80°C are ideal.

Core temperatures increase and decrease with ambient temperature. What is your ambient (room) temperature? Standard or "normal" is 22°C or 72°F.

There are several different "stock" Intel coolers. The stock cooler for the 77 Watt 3570K is a 95 Watt TDP (Thermal Design Power) cooler: Intel® Core™ i5-3570K Processor -...

shmoochie

Commendable
May 10, 2018
90C while gaming is definitely too hot. I'm gonna guess that the intel stock cooler is the issue because they are pretty bad. I'd start by replacing the cooler because even a super cheap aftermarket cooler will be significantly better.

CompuTronix

Intel Master
ali.khal1l3579,

On behalf of Tom's Moderator Team, welcome aboard!

47°C is very high for idle, and 90+°C is too hot, regardless of the type of workload.

Here's the nominal operating range for Core temperature:

Core temperatures above 85°C are not recommended.

Core temperatures below 80°C are ideal.

Core temperatures increase and decrease with ambient temperature. What is your ambient (room) temperature? Standard or "normal" is 22°C or 72°F.

There are several different "stock" Intel coolers. The stock cooler for the 77 Watt 3570K is a 95 Watt TDP (Thermal Design Power) cooler: Intel® Core™ i5-3570K Processor - https://ark.intel.com/products/65520/Intel-Core-i5-3570K-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_80-GHz

The same cooler is also used on the 3770K. It's easy to identify by the copper core in the center of the aluminum fins, which is visible from the bottom. If your stock cooler doesn't have a copper core, and is instead all aluminum, then it's probably a 65 Watt TDP cooler from an i3 or Pentium, which is not adequate for your 3570K.

However, it's highly likely that your stock cooler has popped a push-pin loose from the motherboard, which is a very common problem. This causes poor contact pressure between the cooler and the CPU, resulting in high temperatures in BIOS, as well as in Windows at idle, and especially at 100% workload.

You can troubleshoot this problem by pushing firmly on each corner of the cooler for about 30 seconds while watching your load temperatures. When you see a significant drop, you've found the loose push-pin.

The push-pins can be deceivingly tricky to get them fully inserted through the motherboard and properly latched.

(1) To re-seat a single loose push-pin, rotate the latch mechanism in the direction of the arrow counterclockwise 90° then retract the pin by pulling upward. Rotate the latch clockwise 90° to reset the pin, but do NOT push on the latch yet.

(2) To get the pin fully inserted through the motherboard, push only on the leg, NOT on the top of the latch.

(3) While holding the leg firmly against the motherboard with one hand, you can now push on the top of the latch with your other hand until the latch clicks.

(4) If you're re-seating the entire cooler, then be sure to latch the pins across from one another, rather than next to one another. Use an "X" pattern, so as to apply even pressure during installation.

Intel Stock Cooler Installation - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qczGR4KMnY

If you don't intend to overclock and your ambient temperature isn't too high, then the stock cooler should be adequate.

Once again, welcome aboard!

CT :sol:

Solution

ali.khal1l3579

Prominent
Jul 30, 2018
CompuTronix,

Thank you so much for welcoming me.

you were right about the stock cooler, it's the cooler of a Pentium G2030 i had before, i thought all stock coolers were the same and the i5 3570K came without a cooler.

and when i checked the cooler there was a loose pin, then when i took the cooler out i saw a part of the CPU that didn't have thermal paste on it so i applied some more and mounted the cooler again then i checked the temp from the bios it was 46~53 C, the temp became 44~47 C when idle and it didn't go above 72 C when gaming.

you helped me a lot, thank you so much.