Jul 7, 2016
Hello everyone,
I have a question on buying next CPU for PC with these specifications:
ECS h61h2-m2 (socket 1155),
16 gb Hyperx Ram,
Corsair CS550M,
i3 3220, 3.3 GHz, stock cooling,
MSI 1050, 2 Gb, OC.
I use this PC mostly for gaming purposes at the moment. So I was thinking about an CPU upgrade. After some research about performance value of the newer CPU and it's availability in my contry, best choice were i5 3570k and i7 2600k processors. The price difference is neglectable. I am not planing to overclock it becouse a have a bad (stock) cooler at the time. Maybe, after some time when I save up for it. So, which CPU would be better to buy in my situation? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

RealRemus

Reputable
Jul 7, 2016
Yes, I know that it has more threads. But after watching some benchmarking test the i5 some times seemed better. I just need a confirmation that i7 is still better to buy and if there is no compatibility problems with rest of the specs.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2019
Nice taste in cpu's if the i5 a switch to crucial for ram to handle core thread batches more efficiently cooler wise efficient spatial fans larger fans for quicker flow 4 fans back and bottom front inflow upper front 2 fans outflow I use a twelve hundred btu ac to cool my Dell latitude I rarely have to have it higher than 1 also external turbine fan works massively well though a bit noisy otherwise cooler master water cooling or some newer Type dual water and air blocks extra 80 to 200 watts though reg schedule cleaning airblower x 2 weeks

Reactions: RealRemus

hopsteriam

Reputable
Mar 12, 2018
As an owner of 2 i5 3570k chips as well as an i5 3470 and an i5 2320 I have to say THESE 3570K chips ROCK!
So much head room regarding overclocking (IF you have a good MB) it's scary!
Just look at the difference between a 3570 and the K version on Userbenchmark and you can see the potential. Then look at the top overclocks, not just the average. My own tests have proven the same.
I had one in a B75 MB so no overclock for 5 years, then grabbed a newer z77 Gigabyte board from Ali Express and played with it via some youtube tutorials and hit 4ghz easliy.
Click on the highest ratings in Userbenchmarks comparison and follow their lead regarding Motherboards and ram and they are a weapon still relevant today for many on a budget, but you do need a good Motherboard to handle the over clocks. Gaming does great with 4 cores and 4 threads. If you also do video rendering that can be a different story but even then, how much rendering do you do? If you are not over clocking, ignore everything I said. If you are over clocking, the 3570k chips are great!