i5-4460 and GTX 750Ti good for streaming?

ChrisPoirier

Prominent
May 4, 2017
Hello, I currently have a AMD FX-8320e and a GTX 750Ti, I have tried streaming CSGO but my fps would drop down to 60-80 fps when I usually get 200-250 fps. I was told that I should buy a i5-4460 because of my price range. Thanks

Solution
That could work semi decently but you will need to use Quicksync as your encoder because h264, even though its much better, it will tax your cpu too much and you wont be able to stream while playing.
With your current setup, try using NVENC as your encoder as I believe the 750ti supports it, that will take some strain off your cpu and will use your gpu for encoding. Worth a try and if it works well for you then you can save some money for a better upgrade in the future

KeelinTy

Reputable
Nov 20, 2014
That could work semi decently but you will need to use Quicksync as your encoder because h264, even though its much better, it will tax your cpu too much and you wont be able to stream while playing.
With your current setup, try using NVENC as your encoder as I believe the 750ti supports it, that will take some strain off your cpu and will use your gpu for encoding. Worth a try and if it works well for you then you can save some money for a better upgrade in the future

Solution