[SOLVED] i5 4460 idle @47°-50° celsius

May 30, 2021
I recently noticed that my idle temperature is a bit high on idle (around 50-55°). I changed the thermal paste and cleaned my pc from dust and noticed a drop to around 42-45° on idle. It lasted for about a week and now the idle temp is back to around 50° celsius.
On full load it never goes over 65° which I think is ok but the idle temp is what worries me.
Should I consider this a problem or it can go by as normal?

i5-4460 running with the stock intel cooler, never overclocked, room temperature 20-25°

Solution
always post your complete system specs when asking for system help.
now the idle temp is back to around 50° celsius.
On full load it never goes over 65° which I think is ok but the idle temp is what worries me.

~50°C is high for a basic browser system with no intensive processing going on. nothing that will cause any permanent damage though.
and >60° also isn't dangerously high, but i wouldn't expect an average system to hit those temps unless doing some heavy gaming or other very stressful CPU processing.

for both my CPU & my GPU i always strive to keep my idle temperature at most ~30°C, my max heavy gaming temp ~60°C.
room temperature 20-25°
the...
always post your complete system specs when asking for system help.
now the idle temp is back to around 50° celsius.

~50°C is high for a basic browser system with no intensive processing going on. nothing that will cause any permanent damage though.
and >60° also isn't dangerously high, but i wouldn't expect an average system to hit those temps unless doing some heavy gaming or other very stressful CPU processing.

for both my CPU & my GPU i always strive to keep my idle temperature at most ~30°C, my max heavy gaming temp ~60°C.
room temperature 20-25°
the room temperature may not come into factor much unless you have adequate cool air intake(s).

and without proper exhaust any air heated inside of the case will continue to recycle through the components,
possible gaining more and more heat with each pass slowly raising the temps of all components.

i will always advise that users get a decent aftermarket CPU cooler no matter the planned use of the system.
they will almost always be cooler, quieter, and give better option for possible future overclocking or BIOS tweaking.
i would also always advise, even for a basic browser or office system, that at the very least have one good intake & one good exhaust fan each with good airflow.

Solution