i5 4570 CPU dead after enabling virtualization technology from bios

Jul 15, 2018
Hi everyone,

i just wanna ask if possible that a cpu will be dead after activating something like this in BIOS.

Story:

cpu - i5 4570
mobo - asus h81m-d
8gb ram
600 watts psu

pc was working fine for over a year, the other day i installed bluestacks and try to play sims freeplay. it was mentioned that i need to enable virtualization technology from bios in order to boost performance.

i checked everything if cpu and mobo support the feature and it said yes. so i went to the bios and enabled vt.

at that instant cpu shutdown with no error whatsoever. i tried turning it back on but it will just turn on a few mili sec then turn back off.

1st ts. i reset bios setting to default by mobo by using jumper and removing cmos bat to no avail. there are instances that it will turn on. boot to windows then 5 to 10 min. shutsdown.

2nd ts. replaced psu with a working one. it worked for at least 8 hours and i was even able to play state of decay for sometime then shutdown all of a sudden wont turn back on again.

3rd ts. tried reseating ram, swapping modules trying single stick to no avail. unplug hard drives unplug sata cables problem persist.

assume that mobo is dead, i got a new one from an unused dell optiplex 3020. put cpu ram then boot.

power button flashes 2,3. by dell mobo or cpu failure.

i cant believe that its possible that a cpu will be fried just by enabling a feature like vt- from bios.

my question is, is thing really the case is thr cpu dead or am i missing something here.

thank u for the help.

Solution
enabling vt from bios would not fry your cpu.

If you have correctly reset your BIOS then it should come good.

just to be clear, does it boot to BIOS, and remain stable in BIOS? When in your ASUS MB

asoroka

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
enabling vt from bios would not fry your cpu.

If you have correctly reset your BIOS then it should come good.

just to be clear, does it boot to BIOS, and remain stable in BIOS? When in your ASUS MB

Solution