i5 4570k temperature help

Bodilyblock

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013
I'am using CPUID HWMonitor to see my temperature.

my setup:

Motherboard: Sabertooth z77
CPU: i5 4570k
GPU: GTX 670
BOX: CoolerMaster HAF X Advanced

Ive been running HWMonitor for a couple of days and I noticed after playing Arma 3 that my max temperature is getting to 85c, is that worrying? Should I reinstal my heatsink ? Should I buy an other one, nothing is overclocked. I tough of the Corsair H100 or CoolerMaster v8 (to continu air cooling) .. So I can think about overclocking my CPU

Idle temps: 37c - 40c
Minimum: 21c
Maximum: 85c

Shneiky

Distinguished
That temps are pretty high and they are normal-ish for stock Intel Cooler. Anyway, you don't need to sink a fortune into a cooler. Hyper 212 Evo will get you to 4.0 GHz while being around 60C/65C. If you wish to go air cooling for extreme OC, the Phanteks PH-TC14 is where I would go (Sorry, I simply hate the Noctua ND14, it is so ugly and the Phanteks and the Noctua are 1 to 1 in terms of performance). I particularly don't like liquid cooling, but the H100 is a nice choice. Cheers and good luck.

BigBAWZ

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
That's a bit high even for a stock cooler. Before you try re-installing the heatsink, go into your BIOS and make sure your CPU fan isn't set on "Quiet Mode" or "Silent Mode". If it's not, try try re-installing your heatsink to see if that helps. If your looking to buy an aftermarket cooler and aren't looking to spend much, go with something like the Hyper 212 EVO. It's relatively cheap and gives great performance. If your looking to go with a closed look water cooling setup, go with either the H100i or The H80i depending on how much room you have for a radiator. If your not that much into overclocking there is no reason for you to have a closed loop water cooling as they can sometimes make just as much noise as a standard air cooler.

Bodilyblock

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013
Actualy I already been in the bios and my CPU fan should get 100% speed at 50c, is this what you mean of there is an other settings to boost it up ?

HWmonitor saying at max RPM it reach 49000 RPM ( doubt this is real ), actualy it's at 960 on idle

Hmm well since you are still posting and not dead from fan shrapnel wounds, that seems to be the case.
Do you have any thermal compound that you can use to replace the one that was on the stock cooler?

TRENDING THREADS