i5 4590+ GTX 970?

Cannedpizza1

Reputable
May 2, 2015
Hi,

I wanted to get the I5-4590 with the gtx 970. But when i looked at some benchmark videos, i noticed the i5-4590 has terriblle fps comparing to the gtx 970 with a different cpu that doesnt even out perform the 4590!
Am i not comparing correctly? Or does the i5-4590 have bad performance?

Thanks! ;)

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador

Sorry but i believe you got bad info. that should be a good combo.

Cannedpizza1

Reputable
May 2, 2015

Link:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3rF4Qo7X9kg
It seems to happen with any game. Just compare it to a different gtx 970fps test vid

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador

STILL think you got bad or incomplete info. no telling how this person configed and/or set-up their rig properly. If i had seen more then one person's youtube/review post i might be convinced there is an issue there but i am not. That combo should be a potent gaming system besides the stuttering issues with GTX 970's in general with the 3.5/.5GB VRAM issue, which may be what is happening in that video AS he is making a point of maxing the game settings and filtering out.

jediTT

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014

I didn't see low frame rate in that video. Looked like steady 70-80 fps probably with max settings.

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
Those results are actually accurate.

He's playing Crysis 3 at ultra settings with 8X MSAA.

8X MSAA is unbelievably demanding and your FPS would skyrocket if you just set it to 4X.

It's completely normal that he's getting those results. You don't need 8X MSAA.

Not to mention that Crysis 3 is very demanding on It's own let alone maximum Anti-aliasing. It eats your PC.

Quite impressive he's actually getting playable framerates.

cemerian

Honorable
Jul 29, 2013

Impossible, when i had i3 4330 paired with my 670 i had better performance than in that video, it's fake or the guy has some serious problems with his pc, there is no way it would run that bad, just ignore that user and check out some respected review sites

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
Do you actually understand how demanding Crysis 3 is especially with 8X MSAA? Because I don't think you're close.

Research is key.

What does the following benchmark say?

MSI-GTX-970-Gaming-4G-Juegos-Crysis-3.jpg

cemerian

Honorable
Jul 29, 2013
and i don't see 6fps i see 29fps for 670 and 37 for 970 and not low 20's, which is already better than what he had in the video, take into consideration he was running way bellow this benchmark that you represent,

cemerian

Honorable
Jul 29, 2013
well yes i kind of dint notice the 8x msaa, then again i don't speak the language, but even so the performance there was lower than what one would expect from a 970 even with those settings, though there could be other issues with that particular system, we have no idea of how it is setup, could be hes got problems elsewhere(background processes perhaps