[SOLVED] i5 4590

i76700hquser

Reputable
Jul 3, 2019
Hi, a familiar of mine will give me this CPU, is it good paired with a R9 380 (that he will give me too)? He offers me a PSU so no problem with that.

Thanks.

Solution
Your financial situation and the fact that availability is not good in your region doesn't change anything. Just because you can't afford to get a reliable unit or easily find one, doesn't change the fact that that unit is probably a ticking timebomb given it's probable age.

Sure, you CAN use it. And it WAS at least a halfway decent unit back in it's day. But it was not an exceptionally good unit AND it's long past the point where it should have been retired, especially if it has been used with gaming or other high demand hardware during the majority of it's service life. I'd say use it until you can get a new, good quality unit, but I wouldn't advise trying to use it for another year or two. Maybe a couple of months, if that.
That CPU should be perfectly fine paired with that graphics card. The only real question is whether or not the power supply is worth using with the rest of the hardware and whether you have a suitable motherboard and memory that will be compatible with them.

i76700hquser

Reputable
Jul 3, 2019
Yes please give full pc spec. We really need the model of PSU.
From what i know, this are the full specs:
Intel Core i5 4590 Processor 6M Cache, up to 3.70 GHz
AMD R9 380
2X4GB of RAM DDR3 1333MHz
MSI H81M-P33 (Bought yesterday)
Gigabyte 500W PSU G5-N500A-C2

All of this will be offered except from the motherboard that i bought yesterday.

i76700hquser

Reputable
Jul 3, 2019
That PSU was pretty decent when it was new. The problem is, that was likely back in 2011, making it about 8 years old. Personally, I wouldn't trust it. At least not for long AND not at ALL if you notice any problems immediately. A newer unit would be a very good idea as that is both an old design/platform AND an old unit.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?8745-Gigabyte-PoweRock
So, the problem is that i'm still saving money for the monitor and to an ssd, can i still use it for about 1 to 2 years since PSU's here are a little expensive?

Your financial situation and the fact that availability is not good in your region doesn't change anything. Just because you can't afford to get a reliable unit or easily find one, doesn't change the fact that that unit is probably a ticking timebomb given it's probable age.

Sure, you CAN use it. And it WAS at least a halfway decent unit back in it's day. But it was not an exceptionally good unit AND it's long past the point where it should have been retired, especially if it has been used with gaming or other high demand hardware during the majority of it's service life. I'd say use it until you can get a new, good quality unit, but I wouldn't advise trying to use it for another year or two. Maybe a couple of months, if that.

Solution