i5 4670k 4.7ghz @1.4v safe?

Solution
That's pretty high for 4.7 but within intel spec max. But yes, you should be able to get4.7 at lower voltage. Suggest checking out some guides and see where you can make changes.

At that high of volts, surprised you aren't thermal limited on stress test loads. I am assuming you have tested for stability right?
You should not require 1.4v for 4.7 GHz.
I know Haswell does not OC well but its kind of too high.

And as soon as you fiddle around with voltages CPU life degrades depending on how much you raise voltage.
Make sure its set to Dynamic to maximize safety. Otherwise 4.7 GHz is alright.

Buzz247

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
That's pretty high for 4.7 but within intel spec max. But yes, you should be able to get4.7 at lower voltage. Suggest checking out some guides and see where you can make changes.

At that high of volts, surprised you aren't thermal limited on stress test loads. I am assuming you have tested for stability right?

Solution
Pretty strange thing.

But still in my opinion, do not OC that high with Haswell.

At the very most you should hit 4.4 GHz. If one needs to hit higher clock speeds then they usually get Sandy or Ivy Bridge (Preferably Sandy Bridge due to its awesome overclocking capabilities).

To be honest i5 4670K is already fast enough not to need any sort of tweaking. On stock it does not bottleneck 3 Titans.

Those are the lucky chips probably. I have heard a few of Haswell chips OC really well while OCing other chips is more of a trouble.

"Btw - avoid software overclocking. Often creates more issues than it helps. ONLY oc thru bios screens."

+1

Raising multiplier to 44 X should be easy. :p