i5 4670k or i7 4790k for streaming 60 fps om OBS

_LucifersJourney_

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016
Hello guys currently i have a i5 4670k with gtx770 4gb and i play a lot of World of Tanks and i cant max out the game and stream 60 fps on Twtich... would a i7 4790k upgrade help?

Ty in advance ^^

Solution
Dont upgrade at all. There are a ton of how to's here on tom's that will show you how to overclock your cpu. Its easy. Your cpu is a K model which means its unlocked and designed for overclocking. Download NZXT's cam software. It gives you a on screen display of your cpu usage and temps and also you gpu usage and temps. This will tell us where you are getting the problems from. Also if you dont plan on overclocking buying a k series processor is a waste of money for you
Can you max it out without streaming? Twitch recommends a 4690k minimum however with my wifes computer she is able to max out division at 1080p and stream on twitch using a overclocked 2500k and a gtx970. The gtx 770 is a limiting factor for sure considering its just a gtx 680 overclocked. This means its actually a rather old gpu and you would benefit from upgrading to either a amd radeon 390 or a gtx 970.

_LucifersJourney_

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016
Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl

Corsair RM650, 650W PSU

Intel Core i5-4670K 3,4ghz

MSI Z97 GAMING 5, Socket-1150 ATX, Z97

Kingston DDR3 HyperX blu 1600MHz 16GB

ASUS GeForce GTX 770 4GB PhysX CUDA

Crucial M500 SSD 2.5" 120GB

Seagate Barracuda® 1TB

ASUS DVD Writer, DRW-24F1ST

Windows Home Premium 7

Whats your usage at on your gpu and cpu when you are experiencing the below 60fps when maxed out? A i7 cpu would be ideal but a overclocked i5 would have no issues. You could try 1 of 2 things. Overclock your gpu and see if you get better results........if not then try #2 and try to overclock the cpu and see if you get better results. I'm willing to bet its the gpu more than the cpu however a big mmo and a twitch stream can slow down a i5 pretty good. If it were me since the gpu is so much easier to overclock i would try that. Streaming is usually harder on the cpu because it has to compress the video and then send it to twitch. Try a gpu overclock but likely it wil be the cpu needing the overclock. What cpu cooler are you using?

A 380/380x wouldnt be a huge improvement over a 770. Also he stated he drops below 60fps when streaming which since streaming uses the cpu and not the gpu his problem is almost for sure related to his cpu not handling the streaming. The cpu is used to encode the video then stream it. This can be remedied by speeding up the processor via overclocking. The rm series isnt the best but for just overclocking the cpu it should do fine.

hmm alright than i recommand you this .

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($239.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $239.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-16 16:58 EDT-0400

its basicly an i7 without onbaord graphics.

_LucifersJourney_

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016
azzazel thx for the tips mate and all of you! First i wanna tell you all I can't a shit about oc and I don't wanna try it xD

And i have stock cooler on my cpu... azzazel :)

Btw why is the RM series bad power supply? :)

The thing is when I don't stream and wanna play max wot graphics i have between 45/60 fps...

if I dont use grass and shadow on max i get between 60 and 100 :)

but i currently streaming on twitch with 30 fps and ingame graphics medium/high...

so my guestion more exactly would a i7 4790k make a improve? :)

Ty again!

If you cant max the game without streaming then your limiting factor will be your gpu. For streaming a I7 is ideal and you can get a i7 for a good price too. A 4790k would run you a couple hundred bucks but you could also sell your cpu now. Or swap your motherboard and cpu out for a i7 5820k 6 core that microcenter has right now for $319. I just picked one up for the wife who streams

Dont upgrade at all. There are a ton of how to's here on tom's that will show you how to overclock your cpu. Its easy. Your cpu is a K model which means its unlocked and designed for overclocking. Download NZXT's cam software. It gives you a on screen display of your cpu usage and temps and also you gpu usage and temps. This will tell us where you are getting the problems from. Also if you dont plan on overclocking buying a k series processor is a waste of money for you

Solution