Question i5-4690 or i7-4770 ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AFSHINGamer

Prominent
Apr 11, 2023
Hi, I have the ASUS Cerberus 1050 Ti graphics card, but my CPU is i3-4160 and the FPS in games is low.
For a long time, I was looking for a CPU that was compatible with my motherboard and graphics card, and I found 2, but I still doubt which one can perform better.
I am torn between i5-4690 and i7-4770K, which one is better for my graphics card and creates less bottleneck and gives good fps, they can be matched together ? (I don't want to change my motherhood)
Please help me to get relief from this issue and not be stressed anymore

Reactions: jnjnilson6

AFSHINGamer

Prominent
Apr 11, 2023
oh thank you
What do you think, i7 4770 is a good match with cerberus 1050 ti?
Yeah. The difference between the i7-4770K and 4790K is quite small. You won't need to update BIOS in both cases.

If you can find the i7-4770K quite cheaper than the i7-4790K or if you cannot find an i7-4790K, then it's a go-go for the i7-4770K as you'd mentioned.

Well, another little thing. There's a difference between K and non-K processors.
So there's a difference between the i7-4770K and the i7-4770 and the i7-4790K and the i7-4790.

The difference is that 'K' CPUs allow for multiplier adjustment and overclocking, while 'non-K' CPUs do not.
oh thank you

jnjnilson6

Distinguished
oh thank you

oh thank you
You're welcome! And thank you for writing.

I think it would be a wonderful and well-balanced match. Possibly the CPU will be a bit ahead, but that's all very well. It's not a problem to have a faster CPU and a slower graphics card. However, the other way around it would be.

I think the match is very good and steady.

Reactions: AFSHINGamer

AFSHINGamer

Prominent
Apr 11, 2023
Thank you very much to those who helped.
There was a lot of pressure on my brain, what should I do?
Should I change the motherboard? I can not
Something good for my motherhood?
Again, it is possible that a bottleneck will be created or my problem will not be solved at all?
I understood everything today and I will buy the i7 4770 with peace of mind. Have a nice day or night.

KyaraM

Admirable
Yeah. The difference between the i7-4770K and 4790K is quite small. You won't need to update BIOS in both cases.

If you can find the i7-4770K quite cheaper than the i7-4790K or if you cannot find an i7-4790K, then it's a go-go for the i7-4770K as you'd mentioned.

Well, another little thing. There's a difference between K and non-K processors.
So there's a difference between the i7-4770K and the i7-4770 and the i7-4790K and the i7-4790.

The difference is that 'K' CPUs allow for multiplier adjustment and overclocking, while 'non-K' CPUs do not.
Overclocking shouldn't be possible in this case anyway since it's an H-series chipset, which don't allow for overclocking. So it doesn't really matter if he gets a 4770K or 4770 in that regard and the 4770 would likely be the cheaper choice.

AFSHINGamer

Prominent
Apr 11, 2023
You're welcome! And thank you for writing.

I think it would be a wonderful and well-balanced match. Possibly the CPU will be a bit ahead, but that's all very well. It's not a problem to have a faster CPU and a slower graphics card. However, the other way around it would be.

I think the match is very good and steady.
i have intel cpu fan i think this is not good for new cpu Do you think I should buy t20 cooler master, it is a good cooler for I7 4770 ?

jnjnilson6

Distinguished
i have intel cpu fan i think this is not good for new cpu Do you think I should buy t20 cooler master, it is a good cooler for I7 4770 ?
It would indeed be better than the default Intel cooler. However, I think that if you will not be overclocking, that the cooler that comes in the box of the i7-4770 should be good enough. If it is not, then you can try buying the Cooler Master cooler. You should make sure that the motherboard and PC box support it. It may be possible that some of the memory slots are overlooked by the Cooler Master and that you may not be able to use them.

I think it ought to work out nicely, though.
You can try the Core i7-4770 with the Intel cooler. If temperatures do not exceed 92-95 C after many hours of hard work, you may not need another cooler. The T20 seems pretty decent and would be a good choice. You ought not have problems with it. But just to make sure, it would be good to ascertain that the motherboard and PC box would be able to hold it in nicely and provide enough space for unobstructive installation.

AFSHINGamer

Prominent
Apr 11, 2023
It would indeed be better than the default Intel cooler. However, I think that if you will not be overclocking, that the cooler that comes in the box of the i7-4770 should be good enough. If it is not, then you can try buying the Cooler Master cooler. You should make sure that the motherboard and PC box support it. It may be possible that some of the memory slots are overlooked by the Cooler Master and that you may not be able to use them.

I think it ought to work out nicely, though.
You can try the Core i7-4770 with the Intel cooler. If temperatures do not exceed 92-95 C after many hours of hard work, you may not need another cooler. The T20 seems pretty decent and would be a good choice. You ought not have problems with it. But just to make sure, it would be good to ascertain that the motherboard and PC box would be able to hold it in nicely and provide enough space for unobstructive installation.
You are right.
But all the places that sell this CPU have it in Try mode without a box, and I have to prepare it, and unfortunately, it does not come with a fan.

jnjnilson6

Distinguished
You are right.
But all the places that sell this CPU have it in Try mode without a box, and I have to prepare it, and unfortunately, it does not come with a fan.
You can try using the fan of the Core i3 you currently have installed.
A friend of mine upgraded from a Core i3 (I think 3rd gen) to a Core i7-3770 and kept the fan. He hadn't had problems with cooling by using the fan of the i3.

Things may be different with the i7-4770. If you have got the patience, you may try running the i7-4770 with the fan of your current CPU and if temperatures after many hours of intensive usage prove anything under 95 C, you may leave it with that cooler. If they don't, you can try removing it and installing the T20, however, keeping in mind the precautions above.

You may try installing the T20 instead of the fan of the Core i3 to begin with. It depends on what you'd like. (y)

The T20 would definitely be the better option if it is fully compatible and fits well, however, if you would like to test the system out with the Core i3 fan you can do that first and if things don't work out as expected buy the T20 and install it. Or, as I'd mentioned, you can initially try installing the T20 without testing the system with the Core i3 fan. And I am wishing you a lot of well-merited perseverance and success in the upgrading endeavors!

Thanks for writing up!

AFSHINGamer

Prominent
Apr 11, 2023
A friend of mine upgraded from a Core i3 (I think 3rd gen) to a Core i7-3770 and kept the fan. He hadn't had problems with cooling by using the fan of the i3.

Things may be different with the i7-4770. If you have got the patience, you may try running the i7-4770 with the fan of your current CPU and if temperatures after many hours of intensive usage prove anything under 95 C, you may leave it with that cooler. If they don't, you can try removing it and installing the T20, however, keeping in mind the precautions above.

You may try installing the T20 instead of the fan of the Core i3 to begin with. It depends on what you'd like. (y)

The T20 would definitely be the better option if it is fully compatible and fits well, however, if you would like to test the system out with the Core i3 fan you can do that first and if things don't work out as expected buy the T20 and install it. Or, as I'd mentioned, you can initially try installing the T20 without testing the system with the Core i3 fan. And I am wishing you a lot of well-merited perseverance and success in the upgrading endeavors!

Thanks for writing up!

Thanks for writing up!
Hello, finally, I got cpu along with thermal grease and tested it, the system was loaded, and when I checked the cpu level was 70, I had a question, should I not install anything now?
For example, the graphic card can be changed, you have to install its driver, I don't know for CPU
I think I should get T20 because it is high grade

And thank you very much for helping me to buy❤️
510e-Capture-2023-05-10-15-34-56-702.png