Question I5 4690 Turbo Boost

Dec 16, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have a I7 4790 and yesterday I enabled the turbo boost option, wich helped a lot in games like BF5, where I noticed a great improvement. The thing is today I played the game again and the stuttering came back, so I went to check the option of turbo boost in the bios and it was enabled. Then I tried again to play the game and it was good again.

So im not sure why the turbo boost works sometimes, somebody can explain me?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Agreed.

Not sure why turbo boost would have ever been disabled. Kind of a basic feature of the higher end Intel chips.

You've listed two different ones so I'm not sure which you have. Either way, number one thing to do is monitor frequency and temperature.

4790 should boost to 4.0Ghz, i5-5690 should boost to 3.9Ghz, but only as long as temperatures allow. So if the CPU is reaching 90C, then it will throttle back down. If the clock speeds are not consistent, then you might want to look into a better CPU cooler.

Though stuttering isn't too common with a lack of clock speed, that would just result in reduced general performance. Stuttering can be caused by disk access issues, or a lack of system or GPU memory.

TRENDING THREADS