i5 4690k - 4.5ghz -- VCORE

danielgamer96

Reputable
Sep 30, 2014
hello friends , I have another doubt , I have the motherboard - MSI Z97 GAMING 5 , and an I5 4690K and wanted to overclock it to - 4.5GHz , the motherboard will automatically lock on 4.4ghz , and later on , I wanted to leave him 4.6GHZ , finally , what vcore (voltage ) I use to stay at 4.5GHz stable ? thx!

Solution

Don't go above 1.35 vcore for that speed.
Don't overclock without an aftermarket cooler.
There is no foolproof method to find out the correct vcore for overclocking to different frequencies Just keep incrementing it to find out the most stable OC for 4.6 GHz. I personally would be content with 4.4/4/5 or would go for a bigger near 5 OC. Because the temp and vcore increase is not justified by the performance difference between...

Akhil Potukuchi

Honorable
May 28, 2014

Don't go above 1.35 vcore for that speed.
Don't overclock without an aftermarket cooler.
There is no foolproof method to find out the correct vcore for overclocking to different frequencies Just keep incrementing it to find out the most stable OC for 4.6 GHz. I personally would be content with 4.4/4/5 or would go for a bigger near 5 OC. Because the temp and vcore increase is not justified by the performance difference between those two clock speeds.
Also Do not go above 55 degrees idle temp and 85 load temp. Be careful. And keep testing for evey OC. It requires a lot of patience. As I said before I would either aim for a higher OC or leave it at 4.4.

Solution

danielgamer96

Reputable
Sep 30, 2014

thx i going to test !

TRENDING THREADS