i5 4690k best cooler for OC

Aug 11, 2014
Getting i5 4690 and going to OC it ,which cooler would be the best ,thinking of corsair h100i ..
Mobo: asrock z97x fatality killer
Evga OC gtx 770
Intel i5 4690k

Solution
I assume you mean 4690k in 1st line as that's what ya said in last

The H100i is far from the best but it' is certainly one of the noisiest at 60+dbA .... my vacuum cleaner is quieter.

Budget ($25-$30) - Best Budget Air Cooler = Hyper 212 .... does very good job "for the money". Comes up 7 - 10C short against the "Big 3" Air Coolers.

Budget +[ ($30 - $60) - her ya have some pretty good air coolers and all of the 120/140mm AIOs. I put this whole grouping in the "makes no sense" category. They barely beat the Budget cooler above and can't match the Big 3 above....so I'd either go up or down 1 category

High Performance / Tolerable Noise ($65 - $80) - Here you have the "Big 3" Air coolers, namely the Phanteks...
I assume you mean 4690k in 1st line as that's what ya said in last

The H100i is far from the best but it' is certainly one of the noisiest at 60+dbA .... my vacuum cleaner is quieter.

Budget ($25-$30) - Best Budget Air Cooler = Hyper 212 .... does very good job "for the money". Comes up 7 - 10C short against the "Big 3" Air Coolers.

Budget +[ ($30 - $60) - her ya have some pretty good air coolers and all of the 120/140mm AIOs. I put this whole grouping in the "makes no sense" category. They barely beat the Budget cooler above and can't match the Big 3 above....so I'd either go up or down 1 category

High Performance / Tolerable Noise ($65 - $80) - Here you have the "Big 3" Air coolers, namely the Phanteks PH-TC14-PE, Noctua DH-14, Thermalright Silver Arrow as well as the AIOs like the H110 ....all perform within a degree of one another but the Phanteks at $65 generally gives the best performance, while giving ta the best looks and lowest price. Three colors of the Phanteks (Black, Blue and Red) are nor on sale or rebated to $65

Higher Performance / Still Tolerable Noise ($85 - $100) - Noctua DH-15 and Cryorig RE1 Ultimate

High Performance / Intolerable Noise ($110 - $140) - The AIOs which manage to beat the Big 3 do it by using extreme rpm fans well up over 2350 rpm.... The H100i gets intolerable to my ears at about 55% CPU load (listen here)

http://martinsliquidlab.org/2013/03/12/swiftech-h220-vs-corsair-h100i-noise-testing/

However, this category just got expanded with the introduction of the H220-X from Swiftech. Basically it's a custom water cooling system, pre-assembled for easy installation.

This cooler outperforms everything above and does it 20 dbA (that's 1/4 of the noise level) quieter than the H100i and others in that category. This cooler essentially has made all other240/280mm coolers irrelevant.

Custom Water Cooling - $150 - $2500 .... that's another topic,

Solution
Aug 11, 2014

Hello man ,thank you for answering,but I did not understand well your last words,my english are not so good
What cooler you picked on the prices of 110-140 ?i didn't understand what you picked,
I'm waiting for your answer

The Swiftech H220-x

http://www.swiftech.com/H220-X.aspx

Just to let ya know....the 4790k comes at 4.0 Ghz base clock, 4.4 GHZ Turbo

You should be able to get 4.5 - 4.6 Ghz with either one with the H220-X

- It's copper, every other AIO of note aluminum
- It's quiet, every other AIO fails to match it's performance / noise level.
- You can add water cooling to ya MoBo, GFX cards, RAM, whatever.

http://www.hitechlegion.com/reviews/cooling/liquid/40870-swiftech-h220-x-open-loop-240mm-cpu-cooler-review?showall=&start=3
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Swiftech/H220-X/9.html
http://www.overclockers.com/swiftech-h220x-cpu-liquid-cooling-kit-review

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?289340-Swiftech-H220-X-Review-Part-1-of-2
75C at 4.9 Ghz

Aug 11, 2014

That swiftech is awesome and I would really really like to have that but I can't get it on my country' indeed to order it from America and I won't do that ,my only choise now is something like corsair h100i or noctua dh15
Would the h100i perform better if I changed the fans to the noctuas nf-f12 pwm ?
I just want my i5 4690k to have low temperatures and perfome really good ! My case Airflow is really good
I'm waiting for your answer

Aug 11, 2014

I can't decide what to do ,I do really want to go for the noctua dh15 but I have full case windowed and it will look horrible ,if I go for the h100i ,I will surely replace fans ,but on pulling or pushing?or both of the,( pushing/pulling) I can't **** decide what to do...all day thinking

Edited by Tradesman1, Profanity not allowed

Tesla_Whizz

Reputable
Apr 22, 2014

It isn't aesthetically pleasing but you can't get led strips and make it look a little nicer. But it is worth penny, great air cooling with ease. I have the NH-D14 and it is awesome. Not a looker, but worth it for the functionality.

I don't see it. Yes, it will help with the noise ..... but the lower rpm will also reduce performance bringing you below the level of the cheaper air coolers. 2 Noctua fans @ 26.99 + $100 for the 100i gives ($154) gives you an aluminum closed loop water cooler that still can't keep pace $140 Swiftech cooler which is $14 less, all copper , is open loop allowing you to add more water blocks, and has better aeshetics. meanwhile your thermal performance is comparable or less than the $115 H110 or the $65 air coolers.

You can't get it in any country at the moment. Well other than ordering direct from Swiftech .... it's hasn't been released just yet but should be any day now

Europe Distribution
bacatá
9-11, rue de Kourou
31240 L'Union
France
www.bacata.net
+33 (0)5 61 14 60 90
bacata@bacata.net

Aug 11, 2014

As I said I can't get that here,please answer on my questions I asked before,what should I get I'm real confused and I can't even sleep without knowing what I will pick .

Yingda Wang

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014
Id say get a H100i with 4 noctua fans, if u cant find the swiftech.
The performance difference between high end watercoolers are barely noticeble (at most 5-10% difference)

Noctua air coolers are great, but they are ugly.
Up to u to decide if the extra money is worth the clean looks.

Aug 11, 2014

Push/pull?----- push/push?or what,I suck I don't know what to do ,what should I do ?i think push pull is good ,or I just pull?

Swiftech has outlets / resellers in:

Australia / NZ, Austria, Belgium. Canada, China, Cyprus. Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece. Hong Kong, India, Holland, Hungary, Ireland, India, Japan, Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Malaysia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, USA and UK,

No one can get it where they live cause Swiftech has not released it yet, at least thru normal channels, .... other than buying direct from headquarters from a small supply they have. Newegg doesn't have it yet but just this week NCIX started taking pre-orders and included the following statement:

This item is not yet available but you can pre-order this now. We will ship this product shortly after its estimated arrival date of 08/31/2014. The final price is subject to change. You will be charged for this item once the ETA is confirmed by the manufacturer.

That's just 6 days away.....I would start checking the reseller listings or worse case, contacting the european headquarters and asking for an anticipated release date. If it;'s say 2 weeks out and ya can't wait, the NZXT Kraken 61 of Corsair H110 are aluminum, closed loop units that cool well but you can sit in the same room with them.

And I said no one can get it anywhere .... at least not for 6 days.

The release date of the 220-x has been stated to be August 31, If you can't wait 6 days, then my recommendation is what I previously suggested.

a) Corsair H110 (NZXT Kraken 61) - H110 matches the Noctua DH-14 in performance and Noise level.... almost catches the Phanteks PH-TC14-PE. Has 280mm rad with 30% more surface area than the 100i. Allows it to use normal range rpm fans which won't annoy the bejeezes outta ya.

b) Phanteks PH-TC14-PE - Gorgeous to look at, least expensive of the Big 3. Outperforms the H110 and Noctual DH-14 by 0.5 to 1.0C.

.... If it's me, I'm doing custom loop, Swiftech or Phanteks..... as i said in 1st post.... to my mind 120/140mm water AIOs make no sense, and the Swiftech makes all CLCs irrelevant.

If it was me, as anxious as I was to get started building, by the time it arrived and before I got it installed, on the 31st I'd have severe case of buyer's remorse being sold everywhere. Looking at the H220-X ads, I would be packing up whatever I bought to send back because having an aluminum water cooler that I would have to take out and throw away or sell so I could water cool the graphics card upgrade I was buying myself for Xmas would have me up at night.

Aug 11, 2014

That's just 6 days away.....I would start checking the reseller listings or worse case, contacting the european headquarters and asking for an anticipated release date. If it;'s say 2 weeks out and ya can't wait, the NZXT Kraken 61 of Corsair H110 are aluminum, closed loop units that cool well but you can sit in the same room with them

As I said 3 times I'm not getting that swiftech so stop telling me about that ,I live at Greece.I will cost me a lot to come here plus I wil have to wait a month + to arrive here!then wait more because I will have to give my pc to experts to plug the watercooling ,so please just give me a <mod edit> answer on what cooler should I take so I would be able to sleep tonight

<Mod Warning: Watch your language in these forums>

You never said you weren't going to get it, you said you couldn't get it because you "imagined" that it is / would not be available in your country.

You live in Greece, it will be sold in Greece at two locations.... instead of putting all your effort into childish behavior, perhaps checking with the outlets in Greece.....well at least I understood Athens was in Greece

CHECKMATE Int
2 Mesogeion Ave
The Athens Tower Bld C
Tel: 003 0210 7470520
Fax: 003 0210 7470184
EMail
www.checkmate.gr

Multirama SA
Xtreme Store
Stournari 39, Athens
+30 210 38 01 047

As for helping you from this point on, that's not gonna happen. And learn how to use quotes.