Question i5 4690k poor performance in newer games (maxing out)

Mar 3, 2019
Hi,
As the title says, my CPU is maxing out in newer games (Anthem, Division 2, to be specific). Other times it uses around 80%, but typically will max out making game play very difficult. In World of Warcraft, I get about 50% CPU usage.

Windows 10 64 bit
intel i5 4690k
16 gb ram
gtx 970
the games are installed on hdd

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Mar 3, 2019
Hello,
I would not concern the usage, but rather usage=fps term.
If the CPU gives 100% and delivers good framerate I would consider its doing its job.

And by What do you mean?
What I mean is that there is about 5 seconds of lag between when I press the key on my keyboard or use my mouse to when the action actually takes place in game.

Using programs like discord or even having an internet browser open also becomes frustrating. The browser also lags and myself and other people sound like robots in discord.

Thank you for your feedback!

Mar 3, 2019
5 seconds delay....?

Ouch!

Are you gaming and streaming and chatting?

Is the CPU's performance ok in just gaming (offline or online?), or just browser action?

Temps in check....? No signs of throttling?
I am just gaming and chatting. i can’t have my browser open period. When I’m out of a game and just browsing the Internet, it hovers around 20-30% usage. I can play other games just fine. It’s the newer ones I’m having an issue with.

Temps run about 65 degrees Celsius. I’ll keep a better eye on the temps to see if there are any jumps. I’m so hyper focused on the fact that my cpu is running at 100% lol

Throttling, I haven’t paid attention to that. I will take a look later tonight.