[SOLVED] i5 4690k weird spikes and high usages

Dec 19, 2018
Hello, so lately i've been having bsod issues and high cpu usages. I got a new heatsink and 2 new ram sticks today, seeing as i was getting a lot of bsod and ram failing memtest, i was hoping replacing these things would fix my issue.

When i move my mouse around really fast my cpu can go from 20% usage all the way up to 50% just by doing that, when i'm installing a game, in this instance Warframe, my CPU usage goes all the way up to 90%+, how is this possible? I've reinstalled windows about 10times at this point and i'm not really sure what my issue could be.

PC Specs
CPU: i5 4690k
MOBO: Asus b85 Pro-Gamer
RAM: Corsair Vengance pro ddr3 1600mhz
PSU: Corsair RM650W 80PlusGold

My Temps https://imgur.com/a/H1KteeB

Solution
"when i'm installing a game, in this instance Warframe, my CPU usage goes all the way up to 90%+, how is this possible?"

because you're using the CPU to install a game.

If it only went to say 40% when installing a game then there would be 60% of your CPU power not doing anything.
"when i'm installing a game, in this instance Warframe, my CPU usage goes all the way up to 90%+, how is this possible?"

because you're using the CPU to install a game.

If it only went to say 40% when installing a game then there would be 60% of your CPU power not doing anything.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS