[SOLVED] I5 6400 vs i5 6600k

May 7, 2021
Hi.
My setup is next:
16gb ddr4 2133 ram
Gtx 1050 ti oc
I5 6400 cpu
Mostly i play Battlefield 5 and overall performance is just ok. Play with low settings+ enabled sharpness in nvidia control panel. Constantly i get 60 fps with sync on, but sometimes when game becomes very intense( bombs,smoke, etc.) it starts to stutter, and game is almost unplayable.Drops down to 40-45 fps.My question is; is it worth and is there gonna be any diffrence if i replace i5 6400 with i5 6600k with none overclocking. I have PSU without 6pin connection, so i can only upgrade my gpu with gtx 1650. What do you sugest?
Thanks

Solution
Not going to be a huge difference. What you want to do for Battlefield titles is get more threads. Get yourself an i7-6700, or i7-7700 if your board supports it.

You can replace power supplies. If it is a standard ATX, no problem. If it is an OEM system, then you might need a new chassis and an adapter for the proprietary power supply connection. Then we have to take a close look at the motherboard to see if it has a standard ATX mounting system.

GPUs are basically impossible. GTX1650 would be an improvement, but not hugely so.

All that said, if your system is limited in so many ways, it is time to consider a full replacement and to sell that system for whatever you can get.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Not going to be a huge difference. What you want to do for Battlefield titles is get more threads. Get yourself an i7-6700, or i7-7700 if your board supports it.

You can replace power supplies. If it is a standard ATX, no problem. If it is an OEM system, then you might need a new chassis and an adapter for the proprietary power supply connection. Then we have to take a close look at the motherboard to see if it has a standard ATX mounting system.

GPUs are basically impossible. GTX1650 would be an improvement, but not hugely so.

All that said, if your system is limited in so many ways, it is time to consider a full replacement and to sell that system for whatever you can get.

Reactions: boju
Solution
May 7, 2021

Thanks!