I5 6500 good for low graphics gaming?

Orion Gospel

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
Hello there!
I am using a "currently made" pc, and i don't have GPU yet.

So my question is pretty much the title.
For example. lets say that i want to play GTA 5. Will i be able t oplay with decent FPS at low graphics?

My PC specs:
Motherboard:Gigabyte B150-HD3P
CPU: I5 6500
RAM: 1x8 ddr4 hyper x fury
Box: aerocool aero 500
PSU: Corsair VS Series VS550 80Plus
SSD: Intenso High 120gb
HDD: Kingston 250gb (not sure though)

Windows 10 PRO 64bit

Solution
It needs to be a matched stick, at least in size. Integrated graphics are severely bottlenecked by how slow system memory is even in dual channel, and running single channel it's only half as fast.

GTA V is one of the more graphically intensive games, here's what you can expect using the iGPU with dual channel memory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hc-jj6BKoQ

The integrated GPU, with your system RAM running in single channel, is pretty anemic. Adding a 2nd stick of RAM for dual channel will help tremendously but it's still slow. You should be able to run games on lowest settings but it's not going to be a great experience. Adding a $100 discrete GPU would give you 5-10x more performance.

Orion Gospel

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016

I see. So, adding a 2nd stick of RAM, for example 1 more stick of 4 GB, will be ok for at least some acceptable experience? But yeah, buying a 100$ GPU is my #1 choice right now, though i don't know if it is really for my usage.

Definitely playable; iGPUs are nowhere near as completely useless as they used to be in the C2D/first gen i-series days.

I second the dual-channel RAM. If there's 8 GB in there now, pick up a similar stick. 16 GB will prove to be quite useful in the near future anyway.

Orion Gospel

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016

I see. Thanx! :)

Orion Gospel

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016

So 16 GB of RAM will be enough to have at least 30 fps? If yes, i like this more. I am not realy into gaming, i only want to play specific games and GTA V is one of them. I played it sometimes, but not at a pc.