i5 6500 help

rderubeis

Honorable
Mar 15, 2015
I got a i5 6500 and i was able to get my bclk overclock to 4.3 with no issues. I don't use the overclock right now though. im just using it at stock untill i need the extra performance. I was wondering how long this cpu will last me, and be able to play newer games. I have this paired with a gtx 1060 6gb and i only do 1080p gaming. I was hoping the i5 6500 would last me the next 2-3 years atleast till 2018-2019

Solution
From what i can tell right now, it will allow you to run current AAA titles no problem. For the future, I don't have a crystal ball, but I think you should be okay. i5 6500 is really the gold standard of PC gaming right now. Advising a bigger processor would be overkill. I think you should be okay for 2-3 years. Beyond that it is a lot harder to say. But after those 2-3 years, turning the settings down a bit will probably help squeeze extra life out of it. Its important to remember a lot of titles are finally starting to take advantage of multicore processors so, the 6500 is a great choice.

Autocrat

Respectable
Sep 19, 2016
From what i can tell right now, it will allow you to run current AAA titles no problem. For the future, I don't have a crystal ball, but I think you should be okay. i5 6500 is really the gold standard of PC gaming right now. Advising a bigger processor would be overkill. I think you should be okay for 2-3 years. Beyond that it is a lot harder to say. But after those 2-3 years, turning the settings down a bit will probably help squeeze extra life out of it. Its important to remember a lot of titles are finally starting to take advantage of multicore processors so, the 6500 is a great choice.

Solution