[SOLVED] I5 6500 high usage PUBG

Simran Jeet

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2015
So i play pubg quiet oftet and I keep track on my usage and temps via afterburner overlay and while playing pubg my cpu usage is 70-100% but my gpu only stays between 30-50% my fps are locked at 78, so is it because quad cores are old now or is it normal for pubg to use cpu more than gpu or lastly is it the ram ? Because it is 8gb and only 1 stick

Specs
Processor - i5 6500
Motherboard - gigabyte h110ms2
Ram - single Hyperx fury 8gb 2133 cl14
Gpu - palit gtx 1060 6gb
Ssd/hdd - samsung 750 evo 120gb/wd blue 1tb
Psu - Corsair vs 450
Case - corsair 100r
OS - W 10

Last edited:
Solution
8Gb of RAM is an issue and bottlenecks the entire system. Low RAM causes several issues such as poor load balance, low FPS and frame time variance. An i5 6500 is kind on the lower end for high settings but it's still usable provided you feed it a better GPU through 16GB of RAM.

As far as CPU usage and core usage goes you will get the best performance from a 6 core CPU by around 21% but past that "8+ cores" you won't notice much of an improvement at all.

(I attempted to provide a video but the link kept breaking)

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
8Gb of RAM is an issue and bottlenecks the entire system. Low RAM causes several issues such as poor load balance, low FPS and frame time variance. An i5 6500 is kind on the lower end for high settings but it's still usable provided you feed it a better GPU through 16GB of RAM.

As far as CPU usage and core usage goes you will get the best performance from a 6 core CPU by around 21% but past that "8+ cores" you won't notice much of an improvement at all.

(I attempted to provide a video but the link kept breaking)

Last edited:
Reactions: Simran Jeet
Solution