Question I5 6500

Jun 6, 2019
Im building myself a rig and my friend has given me a i5 6600 processor and im wondering what motherboard would be the best for it but i am looking into getting a better processor in the future which i am able to overclock. My graphics card is rx580 8GB if that helps. Thank you

How much better of a CPU do you plan to upgrade to? I ask this because with an i5-6600 the best possible CPU would theoretically be the i7-7700k for the same motherboard. Beyond that you'd be looking at a new motherboard for the Intel 8000 series CPUs and beyond.

Jun 6, 2019
How much better of a CPU do you plan to upgrade to? I ask this because with an i5-6600 the best possible CPU would theoretically be the i7-7700k for the same motherboard. Beyond that you'd be looking at a new motherboard for the Intel 8000 series CPUs and beyond.
im

Im probably going towards i7 6700k maybe higher budget permitting but i am more interested in things like good quality/quantity VRMs. I want something that is going to last and work well with overclocking.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Im probably going towards i7 6700k maybe higher budget permitting but i am more interested in things like good quality/quantity VRMs. I want something that is going to last and work well with overclocking.
Given how much 6700Ks are still going for, for the price of a Z270 mobo + 6700K in the future you may be better off getting a newer Intel 8th/9th gen or Ryzen platform.