i5 6600 3.3GHz 100% load while playing Overwatch

woodk1d

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2012
Hello! a month ago I got my new PC, and by now it seems like my pc isn't working as good as I expected it to work.
When I play Overwatch the CPU usage is at 100% load when I'm ingame with other players, When not in a match and just in menus or even in practice range with the robots CPU can be on 40%
many have told me that I have a bottleneck caused by my GTX 1070, is it true ?
Overwatch isn't working properly too as I have FPS drop/lags/stutters and unstable FPS, i should run the game 200FPS without any problem on the settings that I am playing.
I have tried so many things, nothing has worked for me, I have no idea what is causing the problem.
My full specs are:
i5 6600 3.3GHz
GTX 1070 Windforce OC Edition 8GB
GIGABYTE GA H170 HD3 DDR4
HyperX 16GB 2400MHz
SeaSonic 620W
Antec P100 Case
Transcend 248 SSD / Seagate 1TB / Seagate 500GB

can it be that my PSU is not providing enough power ? maybe it's because of my motherboard ? I have no clue what do anymore \:

Solution

If it's at 30% CPU usage after a fresh restart, there's definitely something wrong. 0-2% would be normal once it's done loading. Check Task Manager/Resource Monitor to see what's using the CPU. You may need to show processes from other users for Win 7 or expand all in the Users tab in Win 10.

woodk1d

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2012
Yeah but I'm not willing to replace my MB just to OC my CPU \: since I have bought this whole PC like a month+ ago... Hard earned money as well.
Is there anything else that can be the problem ? I really need help, this is so depressing \:

Can you check your CPU and Disk usage at idle in Windows, no games running? The last Windows Update caused a lot of problems on some systems, eating up resources. And also double check that the CPU is really running at its rated 3.3 GHz and not clocked down for some reason.

uguv

Distinguished
What resolution are you playing? Unless you're at 4k the CPU and GPU should be able to keep above 100 FPS. Even at 4k it would probably still be playable. Have you checked your temps when the FPS drops to make sure it's not from the CPU throttling?

woodk1d

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2012

I have good cooling system on my CPU the temps are not going above 40 while playing same goes for my GPU
and no I play at 1080P but I have tried the lowest resolution settings, I get the same performance, not any better, like literally the same FPS lags I get in 1080p.

Can you check fresh after a restart? 30% could be completely normal, or it could mean 100% of 1 core plus 5% spread across the other 3 cores handling downloading and so forth.

woodk1d

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2012

It's the same percentage

If it's at 30% CPU usage after a fresh restart, there's definitely something wrong. 0-2% would be normal once it's done loading. Check Task Manager/Resource Monitor to see what's using the CPU. You may need to show processes from other users for Win 7 or expand all in the Users tab in Win 10.

Solution