riasad.huq

Commendable
Feb 19, 2018
My current rig has a i5 6600 + gtx 960. I want to get a new GPU for now and get a CPU in a couple of years. I have GTX 1660super and RTX 2060 in mind. Will I get too bad of a bottleneck with either of the GPUs? I mean to a point where a 1660super and 2060 isn't even worth it? 1660 super averages 100fps and 2060 averages 120fps. How much could I lose for having a i5 6600 non K

Lutfij

Titan
In order to recommend any suggestions on an upgrade we will need to know your current specs. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

Also, how old is your PSU and what is it's make and model(not just it's wattage)?

To add, not all games and game developers use the same engine or code on their games, which is why there's a gamut of tests run on hardware with varying titles to give you a result/score. That being said, what titles will you be playing and at what resolution?

riasad.huq

Commendable
Feb 19, 2018
In order to recommend any suggestions on an upgrade we will need to know your current specs. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

Also, how old is your PSU and what is it's make and model(not just it's wattage)?

To add, not all games and game developers use the same engine or code on their games, which is why there's a gamut of tests run on hardware with varying titles to give you a result/score. That being said, what titles will you be playing and at what resolution?

CPU: i5 6600

Motherboard: MSI z170a krait gaming 3x

Ram: 2x team 3000mhz 4gb ddr4

SSD/HDD: 240gb transcend 820s SATA SSD and WD blue 1TB HDD

GPU: MSI GTX 960 gaming 4g

PSU: Thermaltake smart SE 530w

The PSU is 4 years old and I know I'll need a new one sinxe it's <Mod Edit>. I'm just looking for GPU recommendations and how much will a 1660super and 2060 lose performance because of my i5 6600

Last edited by a moderator: