i5 6600k cooler

bkrish546

Prominent
Mar 14, 2017
Hi,

I recently purchased an i5 6600k. However, I am using a gigabyte h110m-s2h board and I don't have a cooler. I would like to do a small overclock so I run at turbo boost speeds (3.9ghz) though- I have the feature in my motherboard. However, I will be using the stock cooler for the i3-6100 with cryorig m5 thermal paste. can someone tell me if this is adequate and whether I would damage anything?

Thanks

Solution
The Skylake stock coolers are small aluminum only coolers rated for a 65 Watt TDP max, the 6600k will hit a 95 Watt TDP, especially if you are going to run all cores at the maximum Turbo Boost value. I'd say buy an aftermarket heatsink, even a really cheap one would be better than the Intel stock cooler.
The Skylake stock coolers are small aluminum only coolers rated for a 65 Watt TDP max, the 6600k will hit a 95 Watt TDP, especially if you are going to run all cores at the maximum Turbo Boost value. I'd say buy an aftermarket heatsink, even a really cheap one would be better than the Intel stock cooler.

Solution