i5 6600k temperatures

J4CoB1

Honorable
Dec 13, 2016
my new i5 6600k was running at about 26°C on the first day when i built my new pc, now when i am not playing anything the temperature is about 33-35°C. Please tell me what may have changed that affect this temp, i will try to answer all of your questions that you will ask me.

Solution
ambient temps have a real impact on idle temps. as others have already pointed out. No need to re-apply paste yet. Don't over think the temps issues. At 33-35 id be happy out with my CPU. :) Seriously, your good to go! Joy Joy! :)

First thing I would say is your ambient temperature. Right now is in the middle of summer. So your ambient temperature could be higher. Your CPU temp will never be lower than your ambient temp.

Have you over clocked your chip? That will raise the temps as well.

But mid 30s is not a bad idle temp. I tend to focus on temps under load more. As long as those are under 80C then that is fine too.

33-35 idling is just fine. Don't be worrying. If temps increase though, check thermal paste etc, what config your fans are in (assuming you have case fans etc). Your CPU whilst gaming/near full load, should be about the 45-55 mark if you have a good cooler. if your temps at full load were 80+ then id' be worrying.

J4CoB1

Honorable
Dec 13, 2016

so the temps are ok yeah? i am worried but that is just because when earlier when i had my a8 6600k the temperatures on it were so high that you could boil water on that cpu, they were getting up to 120 C so you know i got a bit depressed i should say xd. now i am worried even if the temperature gets up to 40 without doing anything

J4CoB1

Honorable
Dec 13, 2016

thats to ''feelingfroggy777'' as well, that is my cpu cooler (i dont know if that will help with answering my question) https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002G392ZI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and the thermal paste that i have on my i5 is the on pre applied on that cooler (it must be shit then) but i ordered an another paste when i was ordering my parts https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00006B8DX/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 should i leave that paste or should i apply the one that i ordered. and no i wasnt overclocking, i mean i used the intel extreme tuning program and i set my speed 4ghz but that was only for few hours (that was yesterday) because i had to update my bios and reset the bios settings so the clock speed reseted as well- sorry if i am not clear but i am a bit retarded

If you are overclocking the 7600k your temps will go over 40C under load. If your not overclocking then it will stay in the 50's. I have a 6600k in another rig and it is overclocked and runs around 75C under load. You just don't want it to creep up past 80C. At 95C it will start to thermal throttle, which means it will shut itself down to prevent permanent damage.

Sorry, I miss read your statement here. I thought you were saying you were purchasing that cooler. No, I would not reapply the thermal paste cause my ambient temps are 30C. As stated at the very beginning. Your temps are just fine.

yeah temps are just fine. Don't compare and AMD cpu to an Intel one for temps though. It's like comparing and apple to an orange :)
your cooler isn't a bad one, although maybe not the best, but will suffice just fine for your CPU as is. If you were OC like a crazy mo-fo, i'd suggest something else, but for your CPU its perfect, and is keeping the temps where they should be.

If you wanna be really sure about where you temps are at. Try running Prime95 (Small FFT's - just to stress the CPU) and see what temps you hit then. As mentioned before, and other posters have said if you get beyond 80+ with a Prime95 test (or aida, or whatever other test software someone suggests, IBT etc) then you know there's an issue.
As far as I can see your good to go. Get some games on :)

J4CoB1

Honorable
Dec 13, 2016

never mind the temperatures are below 30 again :D im very sorry for wasting your time but i will apply that new paste again http://prntscr.com/fyn6e6 - the temps

If you are overclocking the 7600k your temps will go over 40C under load. If your not overclocking then it will stay in the 50's

not sure what thats meant to mean :)

J4CoB1

Honorable
Dec 13, 2016

same :D

Sorry for the confusion. I think I meant to type the 6600k, but in all honesty, they are the same chip.

What I was trying to say, is that if you over clock your 6600k, you temps under load will not be 50C. Over clocking will raise your temps considerably, hence the need for proper cooling. So if you overclock your 6600k, then don't panic if your temps go up to 75C under load as that is a normal and safe temp. For me, if they start to go above 80C, then I back off the overclock and lower the voltage.

TRENDING THREADS