[SOLVED] I5 7400 GTX 1060 3gb High CPU usage in Games and Low GPU

Aug 30, 2020
Hello so when I play fortnite my CPU usage is Between 95 and 100 on low settings with view distance High and GPU usage is only like 25-40 max why is that ? And how can I fix it ? please help ASAP!

Solution
High CPU usage will be a defacto 'fact of life' with only a quad core CPU...at any resolution...

The 1060 3 GB variant (there were a few) is a 1080P card at best for most games, so, your card would likely use about half of it's available VRAM/framebuffer with a fast CPU, and, is already probably near saturation, where a faster CPU offers little improvement over average frame rates...

I'd try cranking up visual settings a little bit until frame rates fall too much due to GPU limits....;you might as well enjoy what scenery you can at whatever framerates the CPU and GPU can manage... (but, I'd avoid trying to 'fix' your CPU/GPU usage ratios with the latest fad theories on what some proclaim to be 'best')
High CPU usage will be a defacto 'fact of life' with only a quad core CPU...at any resolution...

The 1060 3 GB variant (there were a few) is a 1080P card at best for most games, so, your card would likely use about half of it's available VRAM/framebuffer with a fast CPU, and, is already probably near saturation, where a faster CPU offers little improvement over average frame rates...

I'd try cranking up visual settings a little bit until frame rates fall too much due to GPU limits....;you might as well enjoy what scenery you can at whatever framerates the CPU and GPU can manage... (but, I'd avoid trying to 'fix' your CPU/GPU usage ratios with the latest fad theories on what some proclaim to be 'best')

Solution