i5 7400 safe temperature?

HDiaz02

Reputable
Nov 30, 2014
I just bought a i5-7400 and I not sure if the temperatures I'm getting is really that safe.. Just running chrome/teamspeak/1 game the temperature goes up to 70-75° c
Is that ok ?

Solution
More details would be better, but it seems to be running ever so slightly hot. Below the 70C mark is what I would call normal. Your chip won't get damaged at the current temperatures, but since it's running hotter than it should, you should look into it.
Tell us your system specs - all of it. Which game do you run on which it overheats? Have you tried running stress tests to monitor temperatures? If not, try running AIDA64 or HeavyLoad or some other stress test and see if your temperatures go above 70C. Also, try running a different game and check temperatures.
More details would be better, but it seems to be running ever so slightly hot. Below the 70C mark is what I would call normal. Your chip won't get damaged at the current temperatures, but since it's running hotter than it should, you should look into it.
Tell us your system specs - all of it. Which game do you run on which it overheats? Have you tried running stress tests to monitor temperatures? If not, try running AIDA64 or HeavyLoad or some other stress test and see if your temperatures go above 70C. Also, try running a different game and check temperatures.

Solution