Be quite 500 watts 80+ gaming power supply
120gb Kingston SSD

other system

I5 7400
Gigabyte h270m
Gskill ripjaws 8gb cl 15 2400mhz
80gb hdd
380 watts antec 80+ bronze unit

i know 4th gen has ssd and better psu but is the cpu worth it, i probably wont do any overclocking so which cpu is a better choice for only playing games again i only want to know which cpu is a better option for example i want to play games like assassins creed.

Solution
I don't watch any of those videos because they're either incorrect, biased, or both.

But the point about upgrading ram versus cpu and motherboard is a good one. It is the only reason I would lean towards the newer platform, although the top end in it--the 7700k isn't much faster than the top end of the older platform, the 4790k:
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compar...670K-vs-Intel-i7-4790K/2929vs2874vs1921vs2275

And honestly by the time you need to upgrade, you should be able to get into a ryzen that will be around the same price with better performance. In fact, if either of these systems is not because of a budget restriction, I would look to newer platforms.
Jun 1, 2021
Both are pretty evenly mached as far as cpu is concerned. I would get the 16GB ram versus the 8GB as that is going to be the biggest difference for me. But there's no really clear winner imo.
Tbh i am also tempted by that 16gb and psu but i am having major doubts after seeing this video on YT
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VAasY1dvIE

cuz i can upgrade ram storage and psu but not mobo or cpu

I don't watch any of those videos because they're either incorrect, biased, or both.

But the point about upgrading ram versus cpu and motherboard is a good one. It is the only reason I would lean towards the newer platform, although the top end in it--the 7700k isn't much faster than the top end of the older platform, the 4790k:
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compar...670K-vs-Intel-i7-4790K/2929vs2874vs1921vs2275

And honestly by the time you need to upgrade, you should be able to get into a ryzen that will be around the same price with better performance. In fact, if either of these systems is not because of a budget restriction, I would look to newer platforms.

Solution
Jun 1, 2021

I7 3930k 6 core 12 threads
Motherboard X79 gigabyte
12gb ram 3* 4gb ddr3 1600 MHz
500 watt psu 80 plus 8 pin 6 pin

what about this one

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
What is your location and what manner of budget are you working with?

Unless the 3rd or 4th gen PC were really (really) cheap I would not spend resources on a system of that age at this late date.
The 7th gen of Intel was rendered "mostly obsolete" by a couple of the recent Ryzen 3 3xxx series (when you can find them) mostly by way of similar performance to the 7700, and cost.

The 7400 system would be smart to put a PSU in if you were going to add any manner of powerful GPU (once again assuming you can find one).

A modern i3 10100 would readily be the equal to any of those from a desktop performance standpoint. IMO, would look into a modern, new build with some upgrade path.

InvalidError

Titan
Of the three systems listed so far, the i7 might be the best overall, though sets of DDR3 DIMMs are going to be hard to come by if you ever want to toss more than 12GB at it. How much were the sellers asking for those old systems? It would cost you about $650 to build a new barebones system from scratch excluding GPU.