i5 750 to i5 3330

lungerman

Distinguished
May 29, 2016
Got an old i5 750 found a newer i5 3330 can i swap it? Or is that a no go? Not a tech guy but YouTube can show me how some research lead me to something about L115 socket or something

Solution
Yep.
Not much point in anything unless you build a new system completely such as Skylake (i5-6600K for example) or AMD's AM4 upcoming socket. I think the 8C/16T CPU will be their first 14nm, Zen CPU and hopefully a good value.

It should get roughly 2X the performance of the FX-8350 (which I assume means hyperthreading and using all 16 threads in video editing or something).

We should see six and four-core CPU's later. Probably they will include defective 8-cores once they build up enough and solder off the defective sections.

AMD needs to aggressively undercut Intel to bring back its market share, however since Intel charges $1000USD approximately for its cheapest 8-core, we'll probably need to wait for 4/6-cores for reasonable...
Yep.
Not much point in anything unless you build a new system completely such as Skylake (i5-6600K for example) or AMD's AM4 upcoming socket. I think the 8C/16T CPU will be their first 14nm, Zen CPU and hopefully a good value.

It should get roughly 2X the performance of the FX-8350 (which I assume means hyperthreading and using all 16 threads in video editing or something).

We should see six and four-core CPU's later. Probably they will include defective 8-cores once they build up enough and solder off the defective sections.

AMD needs to aggressively undercut Intel to bring back its market share, however since Intel charges $1000USD approximately for its cheapest 8-core, we'll probably need to wait for 4/6-cores for reasonable prices as I'm guessing AMD could easily charge $500 for the eight core.

The i5-750 isn't horrible for most tasks. I originally had my GTX680 in an i7-960 and that was a great experience.

Solution
The i5-3330 is roughly 50% better than the i5-750 though in games that is often much less of a difference depending on the game, settings etc.

For converting VIDEO that should match up though. Such as 67 minutes for the i5-3330 and 100 minute for the i5-750.

*The i5-750 overclocks doesn't it?

If so then 4GHz would give a 25% boost though I don't have any idea what's actually possible.

TRENDING THREADS